THUNDER VALLEY May 18th North Carolina

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Here is a link to the website with a map and directions. It is located in Yadkinville, NC

Thunder Valley. It is from what TheHondaPilot tells me a similar style track to Devils Ridge. The pictures are very accurate to the actual track. They did a good job taking them. The only thing I would say is that the jumps are a little (just a little) smaller than they depict due to the angle the picture was taken at, which is fine with me.
Here's a picture. I have never been to Devils Ridge so I can only go by what he says. I actually went to TV last weekend and had a good time. The guy grooms the track before each practice and has a pretty good watering system to keep the place damp. We had fun. It is in Yadkinville not very far north of the I40 and I77 intersection. You guys would have a decently straight shot at it just going down I40. The track didn't have many ruts in it and it is plenty wide for passing. Post here and we will get a head count.

The ride will be from 12-4 on a Saturday.

MikeT

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Sounds good.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
That's about 30 minutes from me I'll see you guys there...

Look for me I'll be riding a Stock CR125 2000 model I might get a DRN Tea shirt to wear looking forword to riding

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by CR-For-Ever
Look for me I'll be riding a Stock CR125 2000 model I might get a DRN Tea shirt to wear looking forword to riding
We will get a little better info on who is going to be there in the upcoming week. I want you to know what we ride so you can find us and we can all meet.

Where is dell???

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Sorry... I have been in Washington D.C. all week.

I'll give it my best shot. I dont think I will need a tow out there, but just in case...

2002 Cr80, number 19.

How far from Raleigh?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by dell30rb
2002 Cr80, number 19.

How far from Raleigh?
Not sure, ask Dave.

2002 CR80. You think a 6'-3" goon could fit on it? :confused: JK Nice bike! I actually rode a 1998 YZ 80 about 2 years ago. Didn't jump anything but man was that fun! Those things turn mint. They are actually VERY fast for their size.

Try to come, I really want to meet all you guys.

Last edited:

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
I'll try to make it now, Not sure cause I orders some parts and if I can get them on friday night I'll come to test new tire chain and handlebars out look forword to riding, working on my carb friday too :)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Saturday is soon upon us. I have the ritual grass sead ready to stop any rain storm for thirty days. Does anyone want to hang around afterwards, fried chicken, couple gallons of sweet tea, potato salad??? anything??? Look forward to finally seeing everyone. James, are you going to make it? Dell, do you need a ride? Mike, ...jetting...what the word?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Except for one act of nature (which I won't mention here) - I'll be there. Glad you can make it Dave.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I just heard the weather report and they claim it will be sunny and 76 on Saturday. Dave you musy have been sprinkling that seed all week! I'll probably bring my customary sandwich and gallon of water with me. I will be there for SURE!

Jetting as of the last time I went to the track seems to be better and I plan on trying that BR8 plug instead of the BR9. Bring those extra main jets and we can try them out. So far it seems pretty good. Probably not perfect, but better than it was. When you ride it you can give me some more pointers. If I need a leaner pilot, that will have to wait as I don't have a 40 yet.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I really wish I could make it, but my boss has informed me of my required assistance with the neighborhood yard sale. If it was up to me, I'd put a sign on the front door telling people to get what they want.

I do hope to have my bike together and go riding Sunday, though. Any of you riding Sunday?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Where do you want to go Sunday Gomer? I was toying with the idea of racing on Sunday but I stink at riding so bad that I would probably be better off getting some more practice in than getting landed on while I putz around the track.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by JamesP
I was toying with the idea of racing on Sunday but I stink at riding so bad that I would probably be better off getting some more practice in than getting landed on while I putz around the track.
James, Look, just because you could only do a regular Can-can and not a double can-can on that 110 ft triple doesn't mean your a bad rider. Don't worry, you'll get that double can-can by this weekend. Then you can ease your way into that back flip you were talking about. Be easy on yourself. ;)

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I just don't think I'll be competitive until I get the Kiss of Death and the Cat Knack down pat. The good news is, I can stall it at will in the slow curves.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by JamesP
The good news is, I can stall it at will in the slow curves.
LOL! LOL! :) :)

I guess you will be showing your style on Saturday?

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
LOL!!!!

I dont think I will need a lift dave, but thanks for the offer!
"I just heard the weather report and they claim it will be sunny and 76 on Saturday. Dave you musy have been sprinkling that seed all week! I'll probably bring my customary sandwich and gallon of water with me. I will be there for SURE! "

Mike. Dnt jynx it!

See yall later!

Mike, Dont Jynx it !!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
James...If you're going, how about TNT? I was considering Turkey Creek, but TNT is much closer to you. I *should* have my bike back together by then. If not, you'll get *lots* of personal attention / training. :D

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I could use lots of personal training but you'll end up wanting to get paid (it would be work). There are a few more jumps that I am ready to attempt at TNT so it is about time to get back.

Let's do this....I can't commit 100% to Sunday yet and your bike is still apart. So we'll talk/type closer to Sunday. If this weekend doesn't work out, I am ALL FOR a Sunday ride at Turkey Creek on the 26th. I have wanted to get down there ever since you mentioned it the first time.

Maybe we can make that our next group outing.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Hey, I was able to talk Ivan into/through doubling the rythm set of six at the bottom this past weekend...I should be able to get you doing nac-nacs over the 85 footer! :o

I'm fairly confident I'll make it Sunday.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom