mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Well, after finaly recovering from my broken femur (not 100%) on Sunday while riding I had another incident and fractured my Tibial Plateau.. :| :| :|
I am really p'd off about it as I was just starting to get back into the swing of things again after not been able to ride for around 5 months.
Well anyway, no use crying about it.. So my question is has anybody had a similar injury and what was there recovery period like? My surgeon says luckly not to bad but going in for a CT scan tomorrow to get final verdict.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
In 1987 I crushed my left tibial plateau & had a artificial plateau put in. It was about 4 months till the leg was able to carry my full weight. Another 10 months till I could walk without a limp.
Yours will not be anywhere near that bad, probably in the 12 - 18 week range. My suggestion to you is to make sure you get with a good PT & do as they say. No harder, no slower.

Best of luck!

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for the reply F John.. He has said to me that I might need to get my leg in plaster for 4 weeks which is not possible for me as I NEED TO DRIVE!! I am hoping to get away with wearing a knee brace or something. Luckily just a hairline fracture so I hope and pray not longer than 6 weeks.. It will kill me if I have to go watch the Motocross Grandprix here in South Africa with my leg in plaster!

Top Bottom