Top end finished and running great!!

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Well I just finished my first top end on my 82 CR250R. Started right up. So I shut it off to top off the water, and the gas tank. Then I couldnt get it started for nothing. The plug was soaked with gas and oil mix. I used dexron III this time since I have read up alot on it.. I figured it would be fine. If I didnt like it, I could take it out. Back to the story.. The plug was drenched. I was looking very closly for red (from the trannie) to make sure it wasnt sucking atf into the engine thru the bottom seal. Well, eventually I noticed the spark plug boot was kinda loose. I turned it on the rest of the way till it was tight, and it fired right up. I let it warm up, and then took it for a little snowy ride. Right away the throttle response was unbelieveable. No sputtering, no spitting.. ran clean and smooth and the power was there!! I let it run a few mins more then shut it off. I went out a little while after, and it started right up. SO I am thinking that all is well, and cant wait to go riding again!!
Bleeds
PS I noticed the trannie WAS shifting very smooth and in and out of gears without any unusual noise of clunking. I will have to ride it a bit more to know.. thanks for all the help guys!!

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
way to go!! I always, always, always pull the radiator cap whenever I do a top end RIGHT after it starts to make sure the coolant is swirling. I personally didn't learn this lesson the hard way but have a friend who did and now I do it everytime....just a tip from my SMALL bag of tricks...

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Nicky.. I did that too!! LOL Splashed all over me, cause I revved it up when I did it! LOL. Cant wait to see if it will start again cold..LOL..
Finally got most of my safety gear too. Not too bad of a deal. Helmet, boots, Roost protector, goggles, pants, jersey, knee/shinpads, gearbag, and boot socks.
249.00 SHIPPED> Ocelot brand. Not too bad.. and damn sure better than nothing..
Bleeds

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
That Rulz :aj:
Happy Roosting :ride:
Be sure to post a post ride report.

Crazy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom