lonsdale1

Mar 18, 2007
hi there every 1 after a good 20 minutes of riding my cr 250 i was having trouble selecting neutral when the engine was running .after a few minor ajustments to the clutch cable it was then ok. after another lap or 2 i came to a halt after staling the bike in boggy thick mud now the selector will not move at all and the bike is now stuck in gear does any 1 know what could be wrong ???? please help thanks. :bang:

lonsdale1

Mar 18, 2007
not had time to check over the bike due to work but what sort of things am i looking for when i drain the transmission fluid and open the side casings, also with the bike still in gear the back wheel is locked obviously but the clutch seems to be working because when i pull in the clutch lever the bike can then move ????? any answerw plz

lonsdale1

Mar 18, 2007
drained the transmission fluid and it was very thick didnt look to clever, also full of aliminium filings took out the clutch basket and inspected that looks as tho the filings came from the plates rubbing on the basket. the transmission is still stuck (gear selector will not move ) can any one suggest what the problem may be thanks

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
If you don't see anything that could be interfereing with the movement of the shifter mechanism behind the clutch basket, it's probably time for you to split cases.

lonsdale1

Mar 18, 2007
was hoping that it wouldn't come to this part but suppose its got to be done lol just hope pound signs dont come flying out at me when i have a look cheers

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
There is probably a problem with the shift shaft or a shift fork. I doubt it's going to be horrendously expensive if you do your own labor.

Top Bottom