schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
I was riding today, and after a short break, I was about to take off when and my clutch pull suddenly became very loose and it had to be pulled in almost all the way to disengauge. it still works, but not as well. I replaced the cable with a pro-motion piece, and the stiuation did not improve much. I'm slightly bewildered, and unsure on what the issue could be. I was wondering what to look for when I take the cover off, and what could possibly be the issue!

the bike is a 1987 yz250.

thanks a lot for your help! :cool:

-Alex

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
The clutch arm and pushrod are probably worn out. When these two parts get worn, the clutch doesn't dissengage properly.

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
alright, thanks. I'm thinking about purchasing a better condition bottom end off ebay so I can stop working on the bike, and start riding it!

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Becareful about buying something like that off e-bay. You are better off fixxing what you have, then you'll atleast know what you have !! E-bay is good for somethings but not things like that.

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
we'll see I guess. I bet by just cleaning, checking tollerances, and aligning the shift forks I'll fix my issue with firtst gear, and I'll see if bikebandit has the clutch parts. it's notched pretty good too, so I'll have to file it or get a new one.

Top Bottom