Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Thanks for the kind words fella's. She lived 90 years and was active until a week before she died and went in her sleep. THAT's the way I wanna go.

DUH? I was thinking Lyle Lovett too. Sorry Corey.

For all yall that missed the ride :moon: YOUR LOSS BUD !

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Rock- N - Root Rampage " come on out, Ya'll Lovette" That sounds good to me.
While I have your attention, would any of you guys be interested in going with Lee and I to Moab, Utah for a week of off roading. I have to get exact dates from the club but it will be right before or after Easter. I have been road riding in southern UT. and it is incredible. The veiws make it difficult to concentrate on riding. Mike

B

biglou

I would, but I am going to do the Reno ride in Feb, and with that and DirtWeek, most of my vacation time is eaten up. The west sure is pretty, though. I know what you mean. I've driven through northern AZ and NM in the winter and it is just awe inspiring. The views and the beauty and diversity of this country are second to none. :thumb:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
MOAB - Man that place is on my MUST RIDE list. My vacation time can vary greatly so... When you decide dates and its a little bit closer drop me a line! I've been known to do things that don't make sense to some people so I am very interested. Would I have to keep up with Lee though :) he rocks that KDX!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by TTRGuy
Would I have to keep up with Lee though, he rocks that KDX!
You ought to see him on Searge's "FrankenThumper!" :scream:
That boy can RIDE!!!! :eek: Besides Corey I have never seen anyone so fast on a bike.......I don't care if it was the loop, Lee can do stuff I am way tooo SKEEEEEERED to do! :worship: :thumb:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
irish, i swear to god, if you call the "death from above" 426 a frankenthumper one more time i'm gonna give you a swirly in a porta john! :aj:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Besides Corey I have never seen anyone so fast on a bike

Not to take anything away from our host but you haven't seen 'pops' (aka Lonnie) ride have ya :) (Oh and he just cruises around now that he has responsibilities and all - YEAH RIGHT) You really should have taken a spin with the fast crowd Phillip. The thing about the fast guys is you only get to see them for a very short time. Check out how much anyone actually SAW Bundy at DW '02 (well except for about 2 minutes after the LOGGING incident) :)

Of course Corey was riding 1-legged this past weekend as it appears one of his suspenders may have serious problems. I hope it wasn't one of the larger rocks at St. Joe :(

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Alright already. Stop rubbing it in! I really hate that Imissed riding with all you turkeys at the bay. :moon:

I'll make the next one, I PROMISE. Walt, i have my priorities straight. Why do you think I'm still single? (No comments about the goofy looks or drooling - please.)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Besides Corey I have never seen anyone so fast on a bike

You don't get out much, do you Phillip? ;) I am no where near the category of "Fast". I've put plenty of time in, on a bike, but I'm no Fast guy.

Since Eddie brought it up...why didn't you go out with us? You didn't even give me an opportunity to serve you with a Silver platter of ROOST !! :p

Motormichael, I would love to ride in Moab. But, I don't know if I can swing it. I have to reserve a week for Dirtweek, and that only leaves one week of vac. My wife would kill me if I used all my vacation time on riding. This year I used all my vacation plus about 2 weeks off without pay. I can't do that again! But then again, by next spring we should have our business going, so who knows what I'll be able to do vacation wise. I may not get any vacation next year. :eek:

Eddie, I promise you my dad is holding back...bigtime. I've seen him ride when I was younger...trust me, he just cruises around now.

And yes I was riding one-legged. My front forks are locking solid about 1" into the travel. :scream: I think I have a bent fork tube. :(

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy

The thing about the fast guys is you only get to see them for a very short time

Uhhhh, I believe I was riding BEHIND you most of the day! Don't let Eddie fool you guys. He can scoot along DARN good. And he was even riding a Girl's bike! ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL

You don't get out much, do you Phillip? ;) I am no where near the category of "Fast". I've put plenty of time in, on a bike, but I'm no Fast guy.

Since Eddie brought it up...why didn't you go out with us? You didn't even give me an opportunity to serve you with a Silver platter of ROOST !! :p

I was having a good time with Searge showing him the sceanery up close and personal. Don't worry though, there will be many more chances to hook up and you can roost away!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by CAL
Eddie, I promise you my dad is holding back...bigtime. I've seen him ride when I was younger...trust me, he just cruises around now.

Oh no I believe you Corey - maybe my post wasn't worded right - You can tell he is just cruising as he is effortlessly pulling away from you. He makes going fast look real easy!

Super_Dave5

Super Dave
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 15, 2002
It was definetly the best ride we've had at Turkey all year. Thanks to everyone that came and maybe we've started something that will continue to grow. :yeehaw:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Didnt your momma tell you to have respect for your elders. ;) Yes Lonnie is 'wicked fast' for any rider any age. CAL, Eddie, WaltCMoto, David, Darby and anyone else in that fast group can hold their own. I was in the "back" of that fast group ride and when I would catch up most would have helmet off, feet propped up and be almost finished with a big fat cigar. Yamahualer my not ride a Yamaha anymore but he does live up to the "hauler" part real well.

Michael, MOAB is also on my list of MUST RIDES but I am also a little under the gun about using all my vacation rdieing bikes and not enough "mall" time with her and the girls. Like Eddie said keep us informed on the dates.

B

biglou

I notice no one has said, "That Lou, man, he's fast!" or, "Wow, did you see Lou climb that hill?!" or, "Lou was flyin' and he was in cruise mode!"

What I hear is more like, "Wow! Lou at that whole steak AND the baked potato!" or, "Dang! There's no more beer left. I bet that Lou drank it all!" or, "Hey! Where did all those homemade cookies that I brought disappear to?" ;)

You guys remember Lonnie climbing "The Widowmaker" at Chadwick? That YZ250 was on the pipe and screamin'!!! Quite impressive!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Lou,

You left out the part where you inhaled a subway sandwich. :)

Damn! I hate that I missed this ride. I'm there next time, even if I have to ride all the way up there in the back of JP's truck!

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
yeh, did you see lou slow -up going down that hill and crash just about slam his forks waaay up into lous' naughty parts! i'm shocked that i didn't ram anybody all weekend. hey lou, ole buddy, good thing i learnt-how them brakes work huh? btw, i got some of coreys' roost, had a lil talk with him about it, only thing to remember is...."payback is a medivac!" :flame:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by sfc crash
..."payback is a medivac!" :flame:

:) :) You gotta catch me first, ya stinkin' Yankee! :p

Tim, you better be at the next one!

Has anyone heard from Wheelie4strokeB? He was supposed to ride with us...

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
You gotta catch me first, ya stinkin' Yankee!
everybody keeps making the same WRONG assumption...AS IF! remember, cory ole' buddy, up on the hill, all alone we were, and says i "we're gonna die in these woods!"...the VC don't race MX, they don't have to catch anyone.....they're just..."there"......every where man..... :eek: ya turn around to take a drink of soda and get a mouthfull of fish soup, you lean forward to grab a brownie, then go to sit back down and you're in a cattle-pie-cushion, ya get on your bike and put on your helmet and get a skoal-spit shampoo.....i'm just saying....it's everywhere, the bad luck i mean. ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by sfc crash
everybody keeps making the same WRONG assumption...AS IF! remember, cory ole' buddy, up on the hill, all alone we were, and says i "we're gonna die in these woods!"...the VC don't race MX, they don't have to catch anyone.....they're just..."there"......every where man..... :eek: ya turn around to take a drink of soda and get a mouthfull of fish soup, you lean forward to grab a brownie, then go to sit back down and you're in a cattle-pie-cushion, ya get on your bike and put on your helmet and get a skoal-spit shampoo.....i'm just saying....it's everywhere, the bad luck i mean. ;)

I'm with ya Searge, those hills we climbed were full of pungi pits!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I just posted motormichael's pictures from the ride in the Kentuckiana section of Photos!  Check 'em out! :thumb:

Thanks Mike!

Lou, where are your pics?

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Corey, or is it Cory now? Or maybe Cornay... anywho all I get is the dreaded red x's instead of pics. Can anyone else see them?

Oh and yes CAL is fast and so is MikeB etc etc etc. The mere fact that you let someone ahead of you doesn't mean you're actually BEHIND them if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom