BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
While my current surgery is nowhere near as serious as Gomer's, I was once again in the OR. I've had a swollen lymph glad for several months in my neck. The surgery was short and uneventful but I now feel like I got clothes lined!
Doc said that there was no tumor but other tests will be conducted to determine if some other maledy is present.
This weekends weather is supposed to be perfect riding weather but there is no way I can strap on my helmet.

Best wishes for Gomer and JeffD on their recovery. I'll just moan and groan for a few days and await the results. Deal with whatever comes my way, if anything.

BTW, I've got JeffD's addy in Lakewood if anyone wants to send a card.
Brian

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
Hope you heal up fast man so you can get some good riding in before cold weather hits

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You'll be back tearing it up in no time Swifty. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you put a ball cap on I bet you could ride a quad. ;)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Brian, I hope this takes care of it and your feeling good soon.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Patman said:
If you put a ball cap on I bet you could ride a quad. ;)
Done that!:ride::laugh:
Thus far I'm just real sore. No stitches! They glued me back together. I'm going to look like I survived a Freddy Krooger attack!
I kinda feel sad for the physicians assistant. She looked at this swollen gland and her eye's screamed cancer! Her voice shook and she got real, real serious. I on the otherhand was quite easy going. My surgeon doesn't think there is much to worry about and besides, until the tests are done, it could have just been a huge zit.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Good luck Swifty.

Hope all turns out well. :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999

Attachments

• AnimalGallery1.jpg
    AnimalGallery1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 158

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Classic, Pat!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hey Brian you know I love ya' man! ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Ever see someone with a big hairy mole on them? Besides the swelling, the very pronounced cut angled across my neck, my d@mn beard is growing like weeds! I was able to shave except around this 6 inch long incision and an inch on either side. It will be a wicked looking scar for sure. I'm not worring about the test results since I don't know what they are, what ever comes my way I'll deal with it.
I really appreciate the support from everyone. This is like my 4th surgery since I've been a member of DRN and it is really a positive influence. I really hate that the weather is freaking perfect for riding and I have to stay off of the bike(helmet and scar not mixing well). But soon enough I'll be burning some 2 stroke mix and making the grin as big as the scar!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Swifty:

Get well and back on your bike.

Glad to hear that you are done and getting better.

I'm here at Kav and Steff's in Cherry Point, NC and we all send our best.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
Brian, hurry up and gives us the news it was nothing serious!
Good news, no tumor, no cancer!
Undecided news, calcification of the corodid artery. I have doppler study(ulta sound) scheduled for October after all of the swelling goes down. This condition runs in the family.
Other news, the doc says I have no body fat! Like I didn't already know that. Otherwise he says I'm as healthy as any 65 year old (that thinks he's 20) should be. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll find out this week if I'll be having surgery #5. I'm glad I decided to live life everyday instead of waiting till I retire(likely to never happen). I've got symptoms simular to my first sinus surgery in 1980. Doc skipped all the prelim tests in went straight to the CT. I'll hear from him in the next few days. Had to miss a ride with DWreck, Don, and Lorin today.
Probably be another rotorooter job on the sinus's just hope the recoup time is short.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Hang tough Swifty :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Heal up Amigo!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom