mxrcrnick

Jul 11, 2007
i was just wondering if v force reeds were a good investment. What are some of the benefits of the reeds and are they good for low to mid to high power? thanks

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Please be aware though, that jetting changes may be necessary with reeds. Typically it IS necessary despite what the marketing team at V-Force and Boyseen have to say.

Be preparred to read your plugs, and jet accordingly. Sometimes can cause a RICH condition despite what you would expect.

Clint3240

Oct 21, 2007
yeah my bike has never been running right, i figured id get all my aftermarket parts before i jet. reeds should be the last one. but you think that it will try and richen?

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Im not really sure on the newer RM's. On my 91' I had to jet up one size on the main jet and one clip on the needle.

As far as I know though, Yamaha is about the only one that still jets bikes fairly rich from the factory.

mxrcrnick

Jul 11, 2007
so on my yz125 i definantly have to rejet it because they are richer from the factory?

As far as I know though, Yamaha is about the only one that still jets bikes fairly rich from the factory.[/QUOTE]

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Well, now that i think about it, with my RM I had to actually jet RICHER, BUT I added a pipe at the same time.

Some people have reported having to LEAN out their jetting. And if your bike is stock, there is a good chance it will need jetted down a hair. But it really depends way too much on where you ride ( elevation ), temperature, specific bike, etc.

The only way you will know is actually doing it and reading the plug. The ceramic portion though, NOT the electrode.

Top Bottom