what about winding Right hand Corners?

Troy_776

Jul 6, 2001
i always have trouble with the winding right handers when i race motocross because its a high banked corner and i want to come in really fast but i cant seem to put my right foot on the brake to kick my back end around should i just stop being a ***** and do it or is there a better way? Thanx alot.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Don't be to hard on yourself it takes alot of pratice to get the hang of some stuff. Depending on the corner and whats before and after the corner you can do many different things. As for sweeping(I think thats what your talking about) put your knees on your shrouds in front of your foot pegs and sit farther up on your sit and just gas it and let the back end swingout and turn the wheel enough to make the turn but not wiping out. When exiting the corner just move back/stand up for any upcoming stuff. Hope that helps.

Matt

Troy_776

Jul 6, 2001
thanx

hey thanx alot i will have to give it a shot i think i only have like a couple more weeks to ride here in Indiana but i will try to get the hang of it and try what you said and yes i have noticed that i have been ridding alot more aggressive here the past couple of days and that i sit farther up on the seat and then i have noticed that i have been cornering alot better thanx alot and i hope it works.

roostinbe

Mar 22, 2001
if its a sweeper you shouldn't have to square it up with the brake. just brake lightly coming into the corner, and use a nice round arc, then when you transfer to the exit dex(going from braking to acceleration) you can put your foot out if need be. Putting your foot out isn't a must though... you want to use it as little as you can, and when you do, time it according to what you are doing at that point in the corner.. (braking, accelerating... crashing:p )

Top Bottom