Help What Bike Should I Get (Girl Rider)

ARJ1012

Feb 16, 2023
Hi Everyone!

GIRL RIDER

I am beginner rider, i have been riding since May 2022, i started out on 2007 Honda 100F. I am 5'4.5 inches and 125 lbs, 24 years old. My boyfriend got me into dirt biking. I wear sizes XS,-S, and a size 0-2, i have been playing sports my entire life so I can pick things up quickly. I outgrew the 100f within 4 months of riding and my boyfriend thought i needed a better front forks. So i got a 2008 KX100x. I am debating if i am too tall for my bike, my arms seem to experience a lot of pressure on the front bars because i am set more forward. After riding my arms are KILLING me. I am still working on my form.. I am planning on getting steg pegz and opening up my handle bars to see if i have more distance between where i sit and the handle bars. I think i am too closed up. Do you think i should stick with the K100?? Also the seat height is perfect, Seat height: 34.3 in. Dry weight: 149.9 lbs. Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal. Wheelbase: 50.8 in.

A major spec we looked for when picking out a bike was the weight and seat height, i am NOT that strong and can just barely lift my bike off its side when i crash.

2) How physical / aggressive are you?
i am not doing jumps, i go over logs and mostly woods

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or?
Woods, Hair scrambles, enduros

4) Do you have any riding experience?
less than a year

5) Do you think you will race?
I have never raced, going to do enduros this year

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
yes i am an engineer and have done mods to my bike, my bf is also an engineer

7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
2 stroke

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
yes, Yahmaha, Honda

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
I spent 1800,

10) Your age?
24 Years old

11) Do you live in California?
No New york (upstate NY, farms)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The KX100 is probably the best bike for you right now. Having the seat height you want is pretty important, especially in the woods. If you think you are too tall for it you can add some bar risers to make it a bit more comfortable. You don't want to be having your arms support all of your weight so opening up the cockpit as you already suggested is a good think to do. You will be using your arms more than you ever imagined...actually you know know! Upper body strength will come over time as you ride but I'm sure weight lifting wouldn't hurt. I find that there is nothing like riding to get your strength up since nothing else seems to work the same muscles.

Where in upstate NY are you? I'm in Broome county so if you are close, it's always nice to ride with new people. There is a yearly spring ride in Hancock that I'm planning on going to. Maybe you and your boyfriend could make it. Bear Creek Sportsmen

Top Bottom