ezandeve

Jan 10, 2004
Hi there
I really need a new hub as my retainer has backed off allowing the bearing 2 work loose and slog the hub out quite bad.
So can anyone tell me from experience what hub will fit my 01 cr250 please (ie.one off a 99 rm250).What about an earlier crm?
Thanks

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
i have a hub for a 01cr250.if your interested pm me.its damn near new. the bearings were a little gritty, so i changed them. i was gonna put it on E-B-A-Y soon, but if you need, i got one... :cool:

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
oh yeah, i think only the 00-01 hubs will work. the 02 and up hubs might work, but im not positive. they have a different brake carrier and were machined a little different.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Kuritaro, I'm interested in that 01 hub, I need one to lace 17"'s too:)

e-mail me at jminix at ida dot org, of course, replace the at with @ and the dot with .

thanks,

josh

Borch297

Jul 24, 2000
The '02-'06 CR & CRF are the virtually the same (just slight shaving for weight). The '00-'01 will work fine, but the brake pads run a little lower on the rotor and will wear on the mounting arms of the disc. Wears weird but really no problem.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
What about front's - I'm trying to put a couple of extra front wheels (20" and 17") together on the cheep.

Thanks to kuritaro the rear hub situtation is resolved:)

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
the fronts should be the same. i think only the axle and spacer changed in 05(shorter)...let me know when the hub gets to ya. :cool: its coming from japan, so no telling how long it will be. usually 10 days is the standard...

oh yeah, when you get the hub, check and make sure that the bearing lock ring is tight. i dont remember if i peened it again after i installed the new bearings and seals. :cool:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Borch297 said:
The '02-'06 CR & CRF are the virtually the same (just slight shaving for weight). The '00-'01 will work fine, but the brake pads run a little lower on the rotor and will wear on the mounting arms of the disc. Wears weird but really no problem.
I am glad you posted this as I have never noticed it before. The braking surface on the rotors is wider on the 02 and up rear wheels. I have been using an 03 rear on my 01 for at least a year with no problem because the pads fit on that rotor BUT an 00/01 wheel on an 02 and up will wear funny like you say because the pads are taller on the newer bikes. I have never run this combination.

I learn something new every day :cool:

Top Bottom