Oct 23, 2005
Hi, i am new to dirt biking and have fixed up an old 1979 yamaha it250 and its running in great shape right now with no problems. I was wondering if any one could give me tips on wheeling, i read otehr threads and i just made this new one in case it mattered that my bike is almost 30 years old....., but i would really apreciate if someone could answer these questions like what gear to do it in? How to get the bike up? dump the clutch to get the bike up? How much gas to give it? Were a good balance point is? or any other important info to know when learning to ride a wheelie, thanks

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
the balance point on a bike or anything for that matter, is just about vertical. get the front up almost vertical and when you feel like you are going to flip it over backwards, then ur at the B-point. if you are about to flip it over then tap the rear brake. ive heard 2nd and 3rd are the best gears to wheelie in. but play with it to find the gear that your most comfortable in. yes dumping the clutch is the easiest way to get the front up if your not doing a power wheelie.

Top Bottom