Bill Kubitz

Dec 30, 2003
Does anybody know if there are any trails around the wisconsin area that you can camp at? Dont mind traveling a state or two to find an awsum place to ride with my bro and his boy. Prefer dirt trails thru forests not sand riding. Any info greatly appreciated.

uncle red

Sep 14, 2002
Where are you at in Wisconsin? I live up north by the border with the U.P. Thats where I do most of my riding. There's lot's of riding areas with camping at or near them. You need a Michigan O.R.V. sticker, I think they were $16.50 last year. The stickers are good March to March. Hope this helps.

Bill Kubitz

Dec 30, 2003
Originally posted by uncle red
Where are you at in Wisconsin? I live up north by the border with the U.P. Thats where I do most of my riding. There's lot's of riding areas with camping at or near them. You need a Michigan O.R.V. sticker, I think they were $16.50 last year. The stickers are good March to March. Hope this helps.

uncle red

Sep 14, 2002
There are a lot of trail systems through out the whole U.P. Most or all are on state land and managed/maintaned by there D.N.R. The thing with the U.P. is that a couple of years ago(maybe longer) the D.N.R. started restricing where you could ride. This was fine for the more populated down state area but in the U.P.ATV's are used as more of a transportation. So in the U.P. you can pretty much ride on any trail( except those parts of snowmobile trail closed during summer or routing through private property) Also on any state or county land you can ride all gravel roads and two track. From the Iron Mountain/Norway area across the bridge from Niagara WI. I can ride to lake Superior! Doa search for Michigan ATV/ORV trails. Hope this helps Red.

Top Bottom