directional

Jan 20, 2007
.. I am in need of new bars and I was thinking about getting the Pro Taper Countour .. I feel the bars I have now are a little to low and when I sit on the front of the tank I have to turn all awkward.

I am 5'2 127 lbs .. I am still learning how to ride ..

Any Suggestions on which bars to get? Any pics of them on the bike ?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
At 5'2" you're getting pretty tall for that bike, I'd suggest the Renthal Mini-Hi bars. I've got a pic of them somewhere on my kids 99 KX80 back a few years ago but don't have it handy with me.

directional

Jan 20, 2007
If you could get it that would be awesome .. I am 20 years old I will not be getting any bigger then I am now .. I wanted to ride a 125 but since im learning how to ride and it is such a big bike it would be a nightmare ... I have fallen hardcore three times this month so far ..

I got the bike for $850 and it is in awesome condition .. I couldn't go wrong ..

You dont think the Mini-High pro taper bars would be good ?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
No idea what the specs are for the Pro Tapers but I know I bought another brand of Mini Hi's from someone else and they were no where near as tall as the Renthals.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
The motosport link does not go to a specific page. The bars I am referring to are made by Renthal and are 7/8" bars. At 5'2" they will not be too high for you by any means, my kid used his when he was around 5'0"

This is not the best shot but it's all I have at my disposal at work at the moment.

Attachments

• kx80.JPG
    kx80.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 166

directional

Jan 20, 2007
Okay cool the bars I was looking at were the 7/8" sorry that the link was bad ... Do I need any bar mounts for them to fit or do they just go right on ?

Thanks for all of the help! I appreciate it :)

Top Bottom