bmfouts65

Jul 27, 2005
1992 RMX250 Suzuki, just recently got the bike. Rode it for the first time and ran good, except I couldn't adjust the idle, no matter where idle screw was at, still same. Eventually started idling lower and dying a lot. On flat stretch, it started cutting out and coughing and then died. When I tried starting it, nothing, but gas immediately started dumping out the overflow. Took it home, took all electrical (CDI, coil, etc) and all tested good. Have spark and it hurts. Took carb out and completely dismantled, cleaned, adjusted float, and checked all seals, all seemed good. Actually did this twice. When put back in, tried starting it and after only two kicks, fuel started coming out the overflow line with choke closed or open, no difference. Kept trying to no avail. Spark plug is saturated with fuel. Obviously I am somehow seriously flooding the carb, but can't figure it as the float seems to be working fine. Has anyone got some ideas or experienced this situation before?

MadArrow

Sep 8, 2003
The float height may not be correct or the needle and seat could be bad. You need a manual to find the correct height, but you could try bending the tang a little so that it shuts off the fuel sooner.

bmfouts65

Jul 27, 2005
Tried adjusting float

and it made no change. Have manual. Needle and seats all look great. Might just have to rebuild carb...

Top Bottom