WR wheels can I swap my 99 with newer wheels?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I have a 99 WR 400 with tags. I normaly only ride it off road but with my street bike wrecked last fall, I want to start riding it more on the street. So I figure Ill pick up a second set of rims and put street tires on them. They when I want to ride dirt, Ill swap the rims and the front sprocket and Im good. I see a set of like new rims for a great price but they are off an 03 WR 250. Im just not sure now if they will fit since I was looking for a bearing and seal kit for my 99 and I see that year has a specific bearing.
Anyone know if the rims will fit?

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
I have swapped entire wheels from a '99 YZ250 to a 2003 YZ250F with no problems except the brake rotors on the newer bikes are 10mm larger in diameter. If the rotor comes with the wheels, you'll have to remove it. Sprockets are all the same. The axle will work even though the bearings are different part #'s.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
excellent, thanks. Man I cant belive how much these rotors cost! Looks like Ill have to buy a new rear rotor then. I can sell the 03 one for a few bucks I suppose.
Thanks for the info.
JG

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
That sounds like a good idea. For what a set of rotors cost, man, there sould be an upgrade in there somewhere. Any one have a good sorce for aftermarket rotors that dont cost an arm and a leg?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Do you have a link for them? I think Ill buy a set of the larger disc and try to find a bracket to bump my caliper out since the disc on the new set of wheels I got are new and my 99 disc are both worn and warped :(

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom