ben.handasyde

Jan 28, 2004
I have just started using the Yamalube products on my 2004 yz125 and am wondering about the quality.i have decided to use them because my dealer always has them in stock. I am using the there 2R and was wiondering if this will protect my engine enough? i mix at 30:1. Whats there suspension oil like is it of good quality? Thanls for the help in advance

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
2R is an excellent oil. The suspension oil is good quality, but extremely expensive.

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Hey, I just got a 2001 KX250 and the dealer told me to use Yamalube too, and to mix at 30:1 but I keep fouling the plugs and I'm definatly not taking it easy on the bike (it is used, got a good deal. Should I try a leaner mix or have my jet checked?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Nothing wrong with Yamalube products, I use them exclusively in my YZ250 and my WR 250.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Nick, i had zero wear-related problems in my KX's with Yamalube, but the residue on that multi-part power valve assy, convinced me to try the Mobil MX 2T full synthetic. I buy it at auto parts stores. Two deposit-free years.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I agree with OKKX'er. I used Yamalube for years and it did a good job BUT is sure clogs up the power valve and builds up on the engine end of the pipe.

I also went with Mobil MX 2T and like it a lot.

Top Bottom