Mar 12, 2006
ok the bike ran perfect for awhile then one day i ran it extremely lean and cracked the piston. only thing i can come up with is sand clogged the jet (sand settled on the bottom of the carb bowl). I tore it down (split the case due to i noticed a broken friction plate so i made sure there were no piece in the tranny) and put a wiseco pro-lite piston in it and put it back together (cleaned carb of coarse) cranked it up today 15:1 fuel/oil mix. castor 927. It pours out white smoke it used to be blue what causes that? thanks in advance

mifun3

Dec 18, 2005
White smoke is usually coolant,

Often coolant falls in your pipe when doing removing the head and cylinder. When you start the bike after rebuild that coolant heats up and creates white smoke. Either remove pipe and clean or run it until it evaporate.

It is still possible that a gasket is misplaced or cyl or head is cracked allowing coolant to pass on top of the piston.

Hope it's just coolant in the pipe,

Take care,

Mike

Mar 12, 2006
thanks man, i checked the head gasket and put it back together then cranked it up still smoked bad. I decided just to run smoked about the first 5+ minutes then blue smoke only. :) must have just been burning off the tranny oil that i put on the crankshaft bearing, just scared me at first

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom