geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
I believe I have fixed the counter shaft big leak by replacing seal, bushing and oring. I put eight hours of woods riding on it and the leak looks to be stopped. One leak stopped.

However, I still have a small oil leak. It's still weeping oil in front of the counter shaft sprocket and chain, in the area above mid shift lever, between the curving of the chain and the round plastic cover that reads KTM Racing. I've tightened everything up here several times, but it's still weeping oil from, I think, the gaskets above this area. How do I fix this? Or do I give up and just put Harley graphics on this thing and let it leak? Thanks, again.

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Are you talking about the clutch slave cylinder? The round thing where the clutch line enters from above?
If yes, undo the (three?) bolts that hold the cylinder in place and replace the gasket/O-Ring (or whatever they use on KTMs, it's an O-ring on TMs). Lean the bike to the other side before you remove the cylinder. Otherwise lots of gear oil will escape through the openening.

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Could be the clutch slave cylinder. A line that looks like the clutch hydraulic line goes in there. But I'm not smart enough to know. You may be right though, Frank. You're probably right on. Anybody know more about this: what kind of gasket/oring? .....more info? thanks.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
If there is a line then it is the clutch slave and it is a gasket.just take out the three bolts and replace when you get one or make one.I replaced one already and just took some gasket material and made one in a few minutes.

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
It was the clutch slave cylinder gasket. Got one for $2.50 from CycleZone with no shipping charge. Great place!

A little gasket sealer with the gasket and tighten three bolts. After the first ride it did start leaking again, but I just tightend the bolts (they came loose after the first ride) again and now no leak----so far. Thanks for all the help.

Top Bottom