super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
PICKERINGTON, Ohio (Oct. 22, 2004) -- AMA Pro Racing has released its schedule for the 2005 AMA Motocross Championship. The championship consists of 12 rounds including a new round in Lakewood, Colo. Additionally, similar to 2004, the series begins and ends in California and provides teams and riders with an off-weekend between the end of the THQ AMA Supercross Series and the beginning of the AMA Motocross Championship.
AMA Pro Racing SX/MX Series Manager Steve Whitelock is excited about the addition of the Colorado round. “We’re looking forward to bringing AMA Motocross to racing fans in the Denver area,” said Whitelock. “We’re confident that the new event at Thunder Valley will be a nice complement to the existing schedule. Plus, it enables us to reach a region of the Unites States that has lacked an AMA Motocross race. ”

The 2005 AMA Motocross Championship schedule is as follows:

Date Location
May 21-22 Hangtown Classic, Sacramento, Calif.

May 18-29 High Point Raceway, Mt. Morris, Penn.

June 11-12 Motocross 338, Southwick, Mass.

June 18-19 Budds Creek Motocross Park, Budds Creek, Md.

July 2-3 Red Bud Track-N-Trail, Buchanan, Mich.

July 16-17 Unadilla Valley Sports Center, New Berlin, N.Y.

July 23-24 Thunder Valley Motocross Park, Lakewood, Colo.

July 30-31 Washougal Motocross Park, Washougal, Wash.

Aug. 13-14 Spring Creek Motocross Park, Millville, Minn.

Aug. 20-21 Broome-Tioga Sports Center, Binghamton, N.Y.

Sept. 3-4 Steel City Raceway, Delmont, Penn.

Sept. 10-11 Glen Helen Raceway Park, San Bernardino, Calif.

For immediate post-race results, points, live transponder scoring, in-depth series and rider information, regular columnists and much
more, log onto www.usmotocross.com.

This is the closest I have ever lived to a national track, 1.5 hours. Sweet! If you saw Lakewood right now you wouldn't believe that it could host a national.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thanks for the heads up SuperRat! See ya there! :aj:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Right on MY! It's only like 4 or 5 hours for you right? Race it, amateur day, vet guys on 125's, what'd you say?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If you saw Lakewood right now you wouldn't believe that it could host a national.
Please don't tell me it's another MXdN thing.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
No, They just have some work ahead of them. The track is way to short and the parking is kinda jacked. They'll pull it off I'm sure.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
a National in Colorado? in July? Shoot I just might go

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
super rat said:
Right on MY! It's only like 4 or 5 hours for you right? Race it, amateur day, vet guys on 125's, what'd you say?

If vet is for over thirty, I'm in! Do they have an open class? I don't think they'd go for the 450 in the 125 class!

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Yeah the age group classes, 30+ 40+ 50+, are all open classes any size bikes.450? I thought you were on a big bore 125.... Oh well, I guess you're just another old, fat, lazy guy on a big thumper, LOL! I'm going to ride Lakewood tomorrow, I'll snap some pics.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We'll be at Red Bud for sure, possibly Steel City, we are hoping to go to Lakewood. We have a friend in Denver. We're trying to turn him into a moto junkie :yeehaw:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
SuperRat said:
I guess you're just another old, fat, lazy guy on a big thumper, LOL!

Yep, pretty much!

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
I wonder how they will deisgn a track long enough for a national around the current sprinkler system?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
They sure bounce around, west, back east, out west then back east etc.. Makes it hard on the privateers..

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Just to update Lakewood. Rode there on Friday. It seems they have been working overtime, added alot of new dirt and have been fixing up the pits. Added 2 new jumps. Had all the tracotrs and dozers out there in full force. Definetly getting ready for the national. I think by july the track will be awesome. they have been moving alot of dirt around in the pits and built 2 new tunnels to get people in and out of the infiled better. Still needs a bit more work and the length of lap needs to be lengthened.

Erik

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Yeah it's still way to short but the boys have been working on it. I rode sat and sun down there, it was fun. I'm still not doing the new table, next time! LOL!

Notto

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2003
MX in Lakewood is great news, the only downside is that I won't be able to ride that track without killing myself now. :yikes:

Top Bottom