little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
I just picked up a used '05 YZ250 2 stroke. I plan on doing all woods riding with it. This is my 2nd bike. I also own a '02 KTM 300EXC. My ktm has had the head modified to run race gas (VP C-12 is the fuel of my choice). I would like to run the same gas in my YZ to keep it simple for me. Does Eric Gore still do this kind of work? You'll have to forgive me, it's been a while since I've been on this website. What kind of mods do you guys run on your YZ's? I will be putting the Rekluse auto clutch in it along with a FMF Gnarly pipe. Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Little Jeff

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Eric closed up shop and to my knowledge he hasn't started up again anywhere else.

Maybe I misunderstood your post or you already know this, but you don't have to modify the head to make it work for race fuel. The head can be modified for higher compression and a bit tighter squish band for a slight increase in power, but the "real" power increases come from a combination of porting and head work. Also keep in mind when you sell the bike the next owner may not want to spend the money for race fuel all the time.

Top Bottom