MetalDredz

May 24, 2021
Hello, I bought a 92 Yamaha WR200 last year and it's been great, attached some pictures. Was hoping to find some wr200 owners or anyone familiar with them , or atleast anyone that could help me out.

Due to not having a truck or trailer to haul it to better riding locations I purchased one of the " Tusk dual sport lighting kits + battery pack" kits so I could ride to some of the closer locations on the back roads with atleast turn signals and brake/tail light etc.. Unfortunately I am terrible with electrical work, and not the greatest at working on dirt bikes either.

I was wondering what the best way to wire this up would be. Obviously the bike doesn't have a battery, but this battery pack that came with the tusk kit should be able to power everything I believe? If everything is running from the battery pack, I wouldn't need to upgrade the stator or any of the original wiring would I?

I believe the bike originally came with headlight, Killswitch, and possibly a light switch , but when I bought it, everything but the headlight was missing although the Killswitch wire and box are still there , just no button and not sure if it's connected anywhere.

Planning on diving into this sometime this week but like I said, terrible with wiring electricals. It all starts to sound like gibberish to me.

I'm sorry I know it's a pretty dumb question, but it's hard to find anything on the 92 wr200, still haven't even found an owners manual. If anyone has any tips on these bikes or wiring these tusk kits in general please send me a reply or message with any info . Was hoping to keep the original wiring harness untouched and just run the kit from the battery pack , and wiring the brake light into the master cylinder I will may run into problems as well. Apologies for being a newb , I just like to ride . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_152732328.jpg
    IMG_20220628_152732328.jpg
    691.7 KB · Views: 28
  • FB_IMG_1660158841190.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660158841190.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 23
  • FB_IMG_1657482313600.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657482313600.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 26
Top Bottom