ktmxxer87

May 27, 2002
I have an '02 ktm125sx and am about to buy a pipe and silencer combo. I heard Doma pipes are good, but I don't like the bare metal finish that rusts (which I have experienced- not fun). I'm looking at the FMF SST pipe w/shorty silencer. Would any of you reccomend this? I think I heard somewhere that this is what the 125 ktm team uses on their bikes.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I wouldnt worry about which team uses what as often they have handmade pipes wont cannot buy.I liked a FMF fatty on my 01 KTM125sx.

scott8671

Jun 13, 2001
I have tried three different pipes on my KTM, here is what I can tell you. The fatty pipe gives you more of a lower end hit and still revs out decent, good all around pipe. The KTM SXS pipe with the doma shorty silencer gave my 01 a huge burst in the midrange and less rev than stock of fatty. I now have the pro circuit works pipe, good throughout the powerband longer and smoother than either of the other pipes without a big hit anywhere. I hope that helps

Bud-Man

Dec 5, 2000
I have tried both the SST and the Doma pipes on my '02 and I'd say the doma was better. It kept the easy to use characteristics of the stock motor and added top end (which I think the stock motor needed). The SST had a lot of punch in the middle and would probably work well for more supercross type applications. Unfortunately it lost a little bottom and top (or at least it appeared to). I didn't get a chance to try the PC pipe on this years bike but it was the pick of the litter for my '01 125 SX. As someone stated prior, more power everywhere without making it hard to ride.

Another side note concerning the Doma: the silencer is riveted together (with 6 stinking rivets!). Not the end of the world but a pain in the *ss when repacking the silencer.

Gainsboro,
What was the power delivery like with the DEP pipe? I'm looking for more top end without totally killing the bottom-mid area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom