1nonlyxfiresp

Aug 7, 2008
2002 Honda CR250 with a weird problem... The guy who brought it to me said that he wanted to install a clutch kit... for some reason he decided to remove flywheel. he inserted a screwdriver in the flywheel to hold it to loosen the nut lol but pushed it in too far. it pierced a coil... instead of changing the complete stator plate he bought an individual coil and replaced it... Now there is no spark.. But if you install the spark plug it seems to have some spark but not enough to start the bike (there is a little smoke that comes out.)

Now.. on the 4 pin connector there is the green and blue wires (for the pickup coil) and yellow and white wires for the stator. Testing for resistance in the yellow and white it reads in the proper range but i am wondering if he maybe crossed the white and yellow when he re-soldered them because both wires connecting to the stator are yellow)... would it make a difference??

Another weird thing is the pickup coil resistance readings i am getting. I only get a reading when i first touch the connectors (the reading to stay on the meter for more than 1 second)..... is that normal? also when it does get that quick reading its lower than the spec in the book...

Hopefully someone can help me..

Top Bottom