Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
Hey guys,
I have a 2004 yz 250 (two stroke) that is used for trail riding only. I have noticed the bike when shifting, will hit neutral super easy. Also into the ride, the bike starts not wanting to down shift. So i will just dump the clutch and maybe go 20 yards or so and it will shift fine. The transmission oil i use is the oil for the honda cr transmissions. I think it is 80 weight. on a couple of occasions, I have heard the bike making a rubbing noise when I come to a stop then it just stops. Maybe for an hour or so the bike will shift fine. Then it will take a notion that it doesnt want to down shift. I change the oil in the tranny after every other ride. The problem seems to get worse on the second ride on the tranny oil...Does this problem seem to be oil related? cluth plates maybe or something internal? any help would be appreciated. I love this bike when it is shifting properly..Im starting to get that sick feeling (big dollar repair feeling) :ugg:
THanks for any info.

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
exact thing happend to me on my 96 yz125. your gonna have to take the clutch apart and take off the clutch basket and all that good stuff and youll come across the shifter its most likely fallen off or loose or something.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom