salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
The toughest part of the 2010 LM event was the drive from the bridge to Marquette late Friday night. Pouring rain. Windy. Dark. FMF and I just kept laughing and shaking our heads.

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
every year i ride the loose moose, i always end up swearing at myself for wasting time and money beating up my bike. I always do horrible. However I always end up going, and will continue to go. I enjoy the challenge, even though the challenge damn near kills me... I do like the sense of accomplishment I get when I do finish. Also the fact that I can ride absolutely horrible and get decent points for just going is always a plus.

Riding in rocks scares the hell out of me. I would really like to be able to ride there for some practice. I realize my struggles there but I enjoy the challange in some sick and twisted way.

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
bk232 said:
every year i ride the loose moose, i always end up swearing at myself for wasting time and money beating up my bike. I always do horrible. However I always end up going, and will continue to go. I enjoy the challenge, even though the challenge damn near kills me... I do like the sense of accomplishment I get when I do finish. Also the fact that I can ride absolutely horrible and get decent points for just going is always a plus.

Riding in rocks scares the hell out of me. I would really like to be able to ride there for some practice. I realize my struggles there but I enjoy the challange in some sick and twisted way.

Same here BK, I remember the first time I had to ride on the Mountain. I was so spent and thought that the Loose Moose sucked, but you can look back and think of how much fun you had and then your ready to go do it again. The trip alone to the race is fun. It's definitely fun changing up the terrain that you ride in... I'll always try to make it up there :nod:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
bk232 said:

Yeah I think you are right, you get like top 3rd-4th points if you just go ride it in many classes. I have so much fun out in the plains on that flowing singletrack and that grass track they made a few years ago was a blast.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
LOL guys! :cool:

Just awesome how the LM brings out so many varied responses!

We realize that there are many riders that just can't or won't accept the challenge that we offer each year. It's great that there ARE riders out there that understand that being challenged is a huge part of our sport! We will continue to offer a unique event for all the riders that desire to actually enjoy using their skills and abilities (and maybe learning a few more) during an event.

We will be more friendly to the C Riders next year. Last year, we evidently over estimated the average C Riders skill and interest in being challenged. Next year we'll keep them on the easier trails. So, if you want to be challenged, you'd better consider B or A Class. The C course that is being considered is awesome, fun trail, and won't have any of the "show-stoppers" that gave C riders fits last year.

B and A trail, though, will be more challenging. Not any tougher than this year for the B Riders, and hoping to be able to do an "A Only" trail. Now that I've been riding my trials bike a bit, I think I can make a really fun trail for the A riders (gotta slow Barkbuster67 down somehow!) .... ;)

Anyways, those that are haters should just stay home. Those that appreciate an awesome ride, offering incredible terrain and challenges that a true enduro should offer, get ready for another great Loose Moose in 2011!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Anyways, those that are haters should just stay home. Those that appreciate an awesome ride, offering incredible terrain and challenges that a true enduro should offer, get ready for another great Loose Moose in 2011!
Interesting response.

silver

May 16, 2006
Now that I've been riding my trials bike a bit, I think I can make a really fun trail for the A riders (gotta slow Barkbuster67 down somehow!) ....
just remember were not on trials bike and were trying to clear those same rocks at speed. A little bit different. The rocks are not my favorite thing but only because I only see them once a yr. Not complaining I come ever yr and have done well execpt last yr dam mud hole or was that a small lake we rode through. I showed a few where not to go.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
UP Magoo said:
Why's that? Seems pretty straight-forward to me.

Not sure what it means, it can be taken a few different ways I guess. I was trying to figure out what exactly it means with out assuming the wrong intention - which made it interesting. I am sure you guys would like to see rider counts improve over 2010? I would assume you are not tying to offend any perspective riders? Maybe I am wrong? There will always be opinions good and bad about every event. The true measure of the event is rider counts, IMHO = lots of customers. (That don't make me right either) For example the Alligator sucks but it's full every year because of the circumstances. Again just my opinion about the 'gator. Some love it. Anyways I should be up there this June if all go's well and find out for myself, for some odd reason I seem to do well up there even though everyone tells me I am not a good rider when it gets technical. Go figure? I think it's because I have no choice but to slam into the hard stuff because i don't have any legs to save my azz. :nod:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
kiddirt said:
UP MAGOO, is this a pretty good idea what it all looks like, if not, do you have any other videos of the harder stuff ?
http://www.d14enduro.org/video.shtml

looks awesome so far to me.
dave
Just enter up in the LM enduro and trail ride it - You will find what your looking for. As far as Evart goes....It's no different than any other Michigan ORV trail....Nothing technical about any of them. Some you can drive a truck through and others only a quad.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Thanks for the clarification Fred.

Sure we'd like to see more riders at our event. Personally, I'm over trying to please everyone. I'd rather put on the event we're capable of, have a smaller (and more appreciative) group of riders, than to put on the same event you can ride any weekend at home. Some people just won't like the event no mattter what we do or don't do. We work with the terrain we're blessed with and offer up what we think to be a good event every year. Not everyone agrees.

In a similar vein, everyone knows I hated the JP the years it was just endless ORV trail and hip deep sand whoops. I also know LMC did the best they could with what they had available during those years. Didn't change the fact that I hated it, despite the clubs best efforts. Although I did skip a couple of years, I do continue to support and attend the JP (and am now almost able to ride sand whoops). I've been the first to tell others that, IMO, the JP has improved dramatically in recent years.

So, we'll continue to put on a good event. Yes, we've learned a bit from last year. Yes, it's going to have rocks. Yes, there will be technical sections. Yes, there will be "grass track" sections. Yes, we're going to work hard to serve up an appropriate challenge for the various classes. Yes, we'll do everything we can to avoid show-stoppers and bottlenecks (like the mudhole/lake that popped up). It is an enduro after all, and we intend to continue offering a Loose Moose that lives up to it's tradition.

My comment is still: If you want to ride a challenging event (which doesn't mean an impossible event), on some very unique and amazing trails, come and enjoy the Loose Moose. But, if you only wish to boast on the internet about how great a rider you are, and snit about the difficulty of the Loose Moose, do everyone a favor and stay home. We'll all be happier that way.

Last edited:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
even though everyone tells me I am not a good rider when it gets technical. Go figure? I think it's because I have no choice but to slam into the hard stuff because i don't have any legs to save my azz. :nod:

Freddy - FWIW I think your tuff enough to ride this event every year. You do have a spot on the "DW All Madden team"! :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks for clearing that up Magoo! Sounds like fun. DW-I bounced off the ground a little more that I would have liked to last year. Maybe I toughened up my rib cage for 2011? I got a new helmet and it ain't an Airoh! :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Well riding skills & speed ARE NOT requirements for the "DW all Madden team" - I think Ya'll know what is required. :cool:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
You should see the skillset needed to be named to the "nzambon All Krispy Kreme Team"

And the TOUGHEST, most exclusive of all, is the "Shipwreck All - In Team" :yikes:

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
hey, i just found out your alot closer then i thought.
i thought you where like 12 hrs away, but it's only 7 or 8 hrs.

i have your contest penciled in, can't wait!

any chance is the ground bare and the buds popping out up there ? :nod:

dave

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
kiddirt, we pop "Buds" year-round up here! :)

Sounds like our trails and terrain are what you are looking for. If you want more after the event, just let me know and we can go to some of the "super-secret fun stuff!"

I'm sure we'll be hitting the trails in April or May -- or whenever the snow is down to less than a foot or so. If you (or anyone else for that matter) want a preview around that time, just let me know.

Last edited:

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
:boss: So AZZHOLE you think magoo's gonna be a better trail boss than me? Well clear a spot for him then on the DW madden shriveled ballz team. You should be like Gobucks you might grow some. All you wussy's had to do is 2.5 miles of trail and you made it sound like it was 250. WUSSIFIED

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
hey that sounds great, and appreciate the offer.
i'm sure all the ''Buds" will be gone by spring. :nod:

i would probably be more interested in coming up in the spring, and stay a few days.

i'll try and gather up more riders when i do.

i love the looks of those rocks.
dave

UP Magoo said:
kiddirt, we pop "Buds" year-round up here! :)

Sounds like our trails and terrain are what you are looking for. If you want more after the event, just let me know and we can go to some of the "super-secret fun stuff!"

I'm sure we'll be hitting the trails in April or May -- or whenever the snow is down to less than a foot or so. If you (or anyone else for that matter) want a preview around that time, just let me know.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
nzambon said:
:boss: So AZZHOLE you think magoo's gonna be a better trail boss than me? Well clear a spot for him then on the DW madden shriveled ballz team. You should be like Gobucks you might grow some. All you wussy's had to do is 2.5 miles of trail and you made it sound like it was 250. WUSSIFIED
Sugar Brain Freeze? - Azzhole?!. :boss: Did you forget that me and GoBlow, I mean GoBucks left your enduro and on the way back home we stopped and put out at Wolverine to ride some more?.....I really don't recall a 2.5 mile tuff section.....I do however remember some half azz attempt of a water/mud hole.....Oh Oh as well as another half azz attempt of riding over some wet rocks that YOU PROMISE would be tuff to do...?...?...Ever since you started hanging out with the snowmobile crowd YOU have lost YOUR BALLS! What's next AZZHOLE?...A new quad in the spring??? At the rate your going ShipWreck is going to make you his beer B I T C H! :rotfl:

PS. So yes Magoo should be trail boss! :cool:

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
Fred, I don't totally agree with your opinion that " the true measure of the event is rider count." That's kind of like saying the Olive Garden is the best Italian resturant because they have the most customers. Also, about the only thing I remember from a big rider turnout race last year was the gas stops. I had fun, but was never really challanged.
I don't think there is anything odd about you doing well at the LM. Your results show you can ride the technical stuff just fine. If you come in June to the LM, I'll have some smoked whitefish spread with a hint of maple syrup and crushed red pepper. That stuff is killer :cool:

Fred T said:
Not sure what it means, it can be taken a few different ways I guess. I was trying to figure out what exactly it means with out assuming the wrong intention - which made it interesting. I am sure you guys would like to see rider counts improve over 2010? I would assume you are not tying to offend any perspective riders? Maybe I am wrong? There will always be opinions good and bad about every event. The true measure of the event is rider counts, IMHO = lots of customers. (That don't make me right either) For example the Alligator sucks but it's full every year because of the circumstances. Again just my opinion about the 'gator. Some love it. Anyways I should be up there this June if all go's well and find out for myself, for some odd reason I seem to do well up there even though everyone tells me I am not a good rider when it gets technical. Go figure? I think it's because I have no choice but to slam into the hard stuff because i don't have any legs to save my azz. :nod:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
UP Magoo said:
My comment is still: come and enjoy the Loose Moose. But, if you only wish to boast on the internet about how great a rider you are, and snit about the difficulty of the Loose Moose, do everyone a favor and stay home. We'll all be happier that way.
I love it! This should toss another log on the fire :laugh: Shaggy where are you???...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom