YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
When: Saturday March 19th. 10:00am

Where: Peacock Ltd on US-37 North of Baldwin.

What: A 35-40 mile trail ride on the trails of the Little Manistee

Cost: $10.00 signup fee (optional). This gets you coffie and doughnuts before the ride
and 2 pop's/beer's and snacks afterwards. There is also a door prize give away after the ride at Peacock. Usually lots of goodies are handed out.You also get a coupon for a discount on dinner at Twin Creek Inn (just a little bit North of Peacock)

There is no sound test or anything like that. Just a friendly trail ride. Pay your $10 (or not) and go ride. :) ORV Rules still apply though.

All the proceeds go to the Kenny Daugherty memorial fund :cool:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been doing this ride for quite a few years now and its always a lot of fun. Its not a race or anything like that. Just a fun day on the trail in whatever Mother nature throws at us. Some years its snow, others its dirt. Usually gets around 50+ riders on anything from bikes, to quads, to 3 wheelers, to Honda Pilots. Any and all are welcome.

Unless we get some snow this month it is looking like it may be a dirt chicken this year. But usually someone checks it out a few days before so I will have info on weather studs are required or not and will post it here.

So come on out and have some fun in the dirt/snow/ice/slush :ride:

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Another PERFECTLY put posting there Don!! The only thing that I might add is that if you have never done the Snow Chicken before you REALLY need to do so!! The "chicken" incorporates the parallel system (everything from double wide sled/atv trail to single track) so there is plenty of room for the full variety of we single trackers and our atv/atc brothers.. Like YZMAN said, its a VERY informal ride but please remember that it is still "legal trail" so ORV rules apply (ORV sticker required by DNR)..
It is really a GREAT opportunity to bring a friend/the family and plan on a day of FUN with fellow dirt riders!!!! Also, when you pull into Peacock LTD's parking area (between their buildings) drive out back!! There is LOTS of parking available for truck/trailer ect...
As far as the $10 charge, again as Don said, you dont have to pay to ride BUT take it from ol' Woodsy - all the drinks/snacks/drawings (I dont think anybody went home last year without winning something :eek: ) plus the 1/2 price food ticket for Twin Creek make it a GREAT deal for the dollar (trust me - with 3 kids in college I have become a expert at identifying a GOOD deal :moon: )
At any rate, yea, YZMAN is right - get out and RIDE the CHICKEN!
Woodsy

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I met Woodsy for the first time at the Chicken 2 years ago. That year there was a TON of snow and we rode snowmobile trails all day because the orv stuff was just too deep.

Keep us posted on the conditions because the studs will be off by then.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Oh the mems Freddy!!!! Remember that REAL deep stuff where we tried to go single trackin and I went over the bars and, as I recall, you made a miniture "snow angel"?? :rotfl: :ride:
As you always say though, it was better then sittin on the coutch all day ;)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Looks like a lot of fun. How long is the trail? If it's not snowy we might do it...not into the snow riding thing.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
MXGirl230 said:
Looks like a lot of fun. How long is the trail? If it's not snowy we might do it...not into the snow riding thing.

Hi Girl!!
Those trails are as long or as short as you want them to be!! If you are riding single and want to head back you can always jump on the doublewide and be back pretty quickly!!
As far as conditions go - keep an eye on this forum, someone will give a headsup on that ride - I guarentee it!!
**EDITOR'S NOTE**
Anyone reading the above advice should be aware that even highly skilled Meteorologist CANNOT accuratly predict Michigan weather!!! 2 feet of snow is NEVER out of the question within a 12 hour period during March!! Of course, neither is 80 degrees and sunny :eek:
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Oh and here are a few teaser photo's from last years Snow Chicken. If you look close you may recognize a few of them crazy "Chicken Riders"

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

From one "chicken rider" to another "chicken rider".. Thanks Don!! I needed that!!
The only pic I didnt fully relive is the shot at the trailer.. Is that your place??? Before or after the ride??
Oh wait a minute - is that Renies place :rotfl: IS THIS THE ANSWER TO THAT FOREVER QUESTION OF HOW SHE KNEW TEDS NAME :eek:
hahahahahahah

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
That trailer shot is right next to the gas station. The gas station is to the left of that shot. That was just another group of folk taking a mid ride breather.

One of these days we are gonna come clean on the whole Rene saga. Untill then we will keep ya guessin.

Oh and I just remembered something snow chicken related. The trail that leads out the back of Peacock to the LIttle Manistee. It is like 1 mile long. If we have snow or this ride, the tip out in the morning is usually not a problem as the trail is in good shape and pretty frozen and packed down. But on the return trip....heh heh heh... it can be interesting. Last 2 years it was a mother to get thru after 50+ some riders have been thru. There is one dished out valley/field that can be an absolute mother if the weather warms up a little from the morning. The last 100+ yards of it are an absolute monster. I have helped push many a quad / bike thru there. It will suck all the life right out of you.

So there it is you have been warned. :laugh:

Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Woodsy kinda curious mostly b/c we are on two-smoke mx bikes..don't wanna run out of gas. :)

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Girl - there is a gas station (Carrieville) about half way around the loop that has gas.. I have woods ridden MX bikes for years and carry oil with me - it works GREAT mixing at the pump if your careful. Have you any experience at this/would you like some free advice??
YZMAN wrote: "There is one dished out valley/field that can be an absolute mother if the weather warms up a little from the morning. The last 100+ yards of it are an absolute monster."
Woodsy responds: "This is the ONLY place on the planet that I have EVER seen Huby walk in from and BEG for help getting his bike out" :rotfl: :yikes:
Its enough to make a hard core dirtbiker out of ANYONE :cool:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
woodsy said:
YZMAN wrote: "There is one dished out valley/field that can be an absolute mother if the weather warms up a little from the morning. The last 100+ yards of it are an absolute monster."
Woodsy responds: "This is the ONLY place on the planet that I have EVER seen Huby walk in from and BEG for help getting his bike out" :rotfl: :yikes:
Its enough to make a hard core dirtbiker out of ANYONE :cool:
Alright! We are going to TRY to make it...kind of depends on the husbands work schedule...I have weekends off so I'm all set. Not sure if that is his rotation week off.
I haven't ever mixed my gas from a gas station pump :uh: First time for everything right! Good to know there is a gas station...only prob. is my bike will only run on 100 octane... Engine will knock on anything less (it's not exactly a stock bike). Phil thinks it sounds like a lot of fun, so hopefully we will be able to go. hmm..wonder if I can talk my parents and cousin into it...might be to cold for the parents. We'll see though.
-Tracie

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Don - That "we" on coming clean on the Renie story is you talking. I'm not any part of coming clean with anything about Renie and Woodsy. He can stew till the cows come home.

Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Bump......

Its getting closer. :yeehaw:

Got your tires mounted up yet??

:ride:

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
Don - That "we" on coming clean on the Renie story is you talking. I'm not any part of coming clean with anything about Renie and Woodsy. He can stew till the cows come home.

Young Ted

Don is right Ted.. Its getting closer, and you are right too, I AM still stewing :moon:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Chicken dance anyone??

DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa........DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa...Da..da..da..da.. :aj:

DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa........DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa...Da..da..da..da.. :yeehaw:

:laugh:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
YZMAN400 said:
Chicken dance anyone??

DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa........DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa...Da..da..da..da.. :aj:

DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa........DaDaaDaDaaDaDaaDa...Da..da..da..da.. :yeehaw:

:laugh:
Donny me boy, you really need some fresh air, don't you? :coocoo:

I hope you're feeling better soon! :yikes:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Well if the snow keeps up, we won't be going. I don't want to spend money on studs and everything...uh oh, I'm being cheap...does that mean living in Holland for 7 yrs is turning me Dutch!! :uh:

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
If kold-cutters are out of your price range you can do what I've been doing every weekend this year. Half inch sheet metal screws are about $15 for a box of 1000, more than enough to do one bike. The catch is you need to get them from your local heating and cooling supply house, they're at least twice as expensive at a hardware store, or Home Depot type place. Just make sure you get the kind with the fine piercing point and not the self tappers with the bunt tip that looks like a drill bit. ;)

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Finially got around to scanning this in :)

Attachments

• snow chicken.jpg
    snow chicken.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 90

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
dear god mxgirl you live in holland, i had to move from there for i was turning dutch, but it took my around 27 years hehe, yea just get some screws like he said, but the cold cutters are realy nice :) . what part O holland are you living in the north side or the south side, i grew up on the north side, and my inlaws are living there still on newholland st.

also it seems as though my wife may be actually going with me on her quad so if you need and she does actually go with us then we can probably bungy a small can of mixed gas if you need to the rear rack of the quad just dont tail gate her hehe or stop to soon, because the quad will not have screws in the tires, she just told me she's thinking of going, and with me being layed off right now(speaking of which does anybody need and electrician) we cant afford the bag of screws either so i may be helping her that last 100 yards or so hehe.

:bang: now its time to continue working on various projects that need working on. :laugh: :yeehaw:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I feel like death.....Every freeking year it happens at the same time. I am either just getting sick or geting over being sick come the snow chicken. Like 4 out of the last 5 snow chickens that I have done were done sick.

Looks like this year is no excpetion. Except this year it is gonna be the just getting over being sick. I have a mother of a cold. Sinus's are draining, coughing, chest hurts.....yea life is great. This sucks. Oh well....Every year like clockwork. Mark my calender for next year.

But I am still gonna be at the chicken by god.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
ouch

OUCH Where: Peacock Ltd on US-37 North of Baldwin

more specifically faceplanting the splitrail fence upon one overexhausted and overconfident exit from those trails betwween the 4' wide fences with 5' tall whoops :laugh:
my boss has a place in luther off skookum rd also known as skrodum rd id like to try and make it for the run and give another shot at the FENCE :yikes:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Godzuki...yeah I live in Holland :bang: we're leaving here at the end of May...going North to Hart/Pentwater area. I live on the North side on Riley. I'm about 5 miles from 31. I don't like it here and haven't since I moved back (yes back...) in '98.

Thanks for the offer on holding gas for me...not sure if I'll be going though...I have to take my truck in to get the transfer case looked at...looks like I'll probably need a new one. From what I have researched transfer cases are $800 remanufactured...ugh. Plus having to actually have someone do it for me. I have my dad and husband to fix anything for me, but when it comes to anything w/the tranny stuff neither will touch 'em. Which I completely understand...
Yeah, if I am able to go that would be great to have a gas holder (if your wife goes). Thanks for the offer! :cool:

How did you make it 27yrs!!! :uh:

Top Bottom