Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
i was born there hehe. thats how i didnt know anybetter, i grew up a few streets north of riley on blair street right near 160th street there used to be a place me and all the kids in the neighbor hood rode our bike that was behind the portsheldon township hall, also those riley hiking and sking trails used to be dirt bike trails we rode all over that abandon land fill area back there, ahhh good times, i know what kept me there it was those beaches in the summer holland and grandhaven ahhh the girls around there in the summer hehe, then i got married and moved the hell out of dodge, housing was way to much in ottawa county we had to go with a fha home loan and in ottawa county that owuld get you and unfinished spec house on about a 1/4 acer lot in a subdivision built on a farmers field. we didnt want that so we kept looking and looking, and we realized the further away from holland we got the lower the price of a house got, so we bought basicly what we wanted in oshtemo(just off 131 in kalamazoo) in a larger town with more stuff to offer, AND YOU CAN BUY BEER ON SUNDAY here hehe. the funny thing is i now rarely drink. at that time i was only street riding and roadracing, had i been dirt biking i would have went north closer to the trails damn it. you do know that ottawa county has the most amount of millionairs per county in michigan.

yea just let us know if your going and you need a gas carrier, a small can would work the best as my wife will be riding a small quad(honda 200sx). she's still uncertain as to if she will be going or not. this ride for the most part is very easy, other than on the way back in on that conector trail, so we may get there early sign up and try to be one of the first ones on the trail much like the plan for last year was hehe.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
its getting close who all is going for drn, i know so far who is planning for the most part from thumpertalk but i dont think we have seen who forsure is planning here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. so lets here it. hehe

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I won't be :( My bike is in pieces. Have to get my swingarm fixed. Dad has a huge project at work, and can't do my project until the weekend :(
Maybe next time. Everyone who does go, have fun!!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
MXGirl230 said:
I won't be :( My bike is in pieces. Have to get my swingarm fixed.

What on your swingarm needs fixing? Sounds like bearings. I had to get a bearing kit for my CR250, which are the same as the CR125. I've got new parts left for a couple linkage bearings, let me know if these would help. I could save you some bucks on them to go toward your transfer case!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
What on your swingarm needs fixing? Sounds like bearings. I had to get a bearing kit for my CR250, which are the same as the CR125. I've got new parts left for a couple linkage bearings, let me know if these would help. I could save you some bucks on them to go toward your transfer case!

You know what Marky, you are all right for person who is half left :aj:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
MWEISSEN said:

My chain dug all the way down to the swingarm bearing...I knew that rubber piece on the swingarm was loose...but I didn't know the chain had rubbed through it. So when we took apart the swingarm to grease linkage and swingarm bearings, we found out the chain had gone through the swingarm. We JB Welded the hole, but the bearing is stuck. Linkage bearings are all good, luckily. Thanks for the offer on those. Also, the bolt on the right side of the swingarm was rusted inside and froze in place. Dad had to re-tap that for me.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
MXGirl230 said:
My chain dug all the way down to the swingarm bearing....

Ewww! That sounds nasty! :yikes: Good luck on the fix, it sounds like the folks at Shawmut are going to love you! I know I've been in there enough lately myself! ;)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah, it wasn't pretty. It was VERY close to actually cutting into the bearing...Probably only a couple of milimeters :yikes: When we rode at ZMX a few weeks ago I heard a weird metallic sound around the sprockets and chain. I think we know what that was now!

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
ahh shawmut i remember the many trips i had to that place, say did you know that there used to be a shawmut(yes part of the one in grandrapids) dealer ship right down town holland. it was on river inbetween 9th and 10th street in the building the oldtheater is in. i think it is now a pool hall or something like that. ahh i used to beg my dad to take me there so i could sit on the bikes, at that time they had thier bargen bikes in the basment, i still remember a can-am bike that i wanted hehe.

also there used to be a dealership on 31 near grandhaven i think it was kaw, and yam on the west side of the road, last i knew it was a tanner now.

well that sucks that its worn all the way through like that, i hope you get it fixed, good luck with those stuck bearing i hate that.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
yea Zuki - I helped build that dealership just south of G.H.!! This was in 73 and it started as a Hodaka and Arctic Cat dealership.. My best friend from high schools dad owned it.. Mike raced 125 class on his Hodaka and I raced 250 class together at MacDonalds farm in rothbury.. When House Of Yamaha closed down on the East side of 31 Mikes dad bought the Yammie Franchise and had a shot at it.. Mike got killed on a built 900 Kawie and his dad lost interest in the business. Sold out and they (the guys that bought it) ran it into the ground.. Of course this was YEARS after I worked down there but had I of know I could have had a shot at owning an actrual Yammie shop... To bad too because that was really a good location - almost across the highway from Lake Cycle (our ARCH rivals backthen :laugh:
By theway, you went thewrong direction on your guess about the XR!! Zuki, if you think about lowend bog on a 2 stroke what do you think about???

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Clutch the hell outta it?

:) Ok smart guy YZMAN... You can do this, what did the R&D guys do to help with the bogging problem on the 2 strokes - come on Don - its a simple question...

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
heheheehehehehe ohh those last 2 answers are killing me yz hehehehe lmao.

okay hmmmmmmmmm 2 stroke and boggg. raise the compression, higher octane gas, hmmmmmm you said i was close before port and polish, advance the ignition, run funny fuels in it. im guessing again.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Ok, I am going back over to the proper thread and bring this game to an end.. You guys are making this wayyyyyyyyy to difficult on yourselfs...
Yea Zuki - that YZMAN cracks me up too :nod:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I think I started it...because I live (NOT FROM) in Holland :nod:

Top Bottom