ray r

Sep 7, 2003
i have a 93 dr 650 suzuki that i have installed a 41 mm mikuni tm carb on. the carb came with the following parts 17.5 pilot 6fj40 needle 389 q 2 needle jet 1.5 air jet 250 main jet # 4 SLIDE WITH THIS CARB AS IT RUNS GOOD ON THE MAIN BUT RUN RICH IN THE MIDDLE AND LOADS UP AND STOPS RUNNING ON THE PILOT . SINCE THIS TIME I HAVE INSTALLED THE FOLLOWING PARTS #10 PILOT #12.5 PILOT 6FM46 NEEDLE and it is still running rich with black smoke on the idle then stalls would changing the needle jet help me or any information i can get would really help

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
I assume you have a White Bros. pre-jetted carb kit? I have one on my DR350 back in 1991 and finally gave up on it. The kit had a 2-stroke carb, in other words one with a large primary choke on the needle jet.

I don't know what else to tell you other than call the company that sold you the kit and ask them for baseline specs. That bike is fairly rare and requires someone with specialized knowledge. This forum is intended more for late model 2-stroke mx bikes.

Good luck

Top Bottom