'74 Elsinore laid down shocks

bro

Mar 21, 2002
I raced a '74 Elsinore back in the old days just when laid down shocks were popping up. At the time (77 or 78?), I found a magazine article that told how to modify the frame and swingarm on the Elsinore to accept aftermarket shocks in a laid down mounting position.

I was in college and couldn't afford a new bike with laid down shocks so I spent all winter with the hacksaw and welder making the modifications to the old Elsinore. As I recall, things worked out pretty well except for keeping tension on the chain. With the extra travel and movement on the swingarm the chain would get really slack when the swingarm was at the bottom of travel. I had to use a spring loaded roller to take up the slack.

What I am wondering is if anyone else remembers seeing such a magazine article. I would like to get a copy of it for my scrapbook.

Thanks

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It had a solid roller up front, spring loaded tensioner in back and the chain rapidly wore through the guide on top of the swingarm,after market shocks that worked!!!!,and was longer. Then there was the forks! Good luck tracking that pic down, someone who has old DB mags could be scanning and filling up somebodies server.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom