Aug 30, 2009
hey guys i just bought a '77 suzuki PE250 and it runs just fine but when i put into first gear and let the clutch out it only goes really slow even if the throttle is wide open, any ideas?

Aug 30, 2009
the compression feels fine the bike is hard to kick i just have a feeling its something to do with the clutch but im no expert so i thought id ask more expierienced folks

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
sounds to me like the clutch is not fully engaging and slipping. there may be just enough engagement to move the bike but not enough to accelerate.

check your clutch adjustment.

Aug 30, 2009
i fooled around with the clutch cable and no matter witch way i adjusted it the clutch still will not fully engage, is it possible that the fingers on the clutch are worn down and causing this or no?

madmike90

Aug 3, 2007
nyandellic01880 said:
i fooled around with the clutch cable and no matter witch way i adjusted it the clutch still will not fully engage, is it possible that the fingers on the clutch are worn down and causing this or no?

anything is a possibility buddy :(

pull the cover off and take a look at the bands and such, something may pop out at you as the problem, its easy enough to do.

Aug 30, 2009
ok i when i was draining the oil to remove the clutch cover i noticed that there were little strands and bits of metal in the oil i called a friend who has limited expierience with dirtbikes and he said to check the clutch plates, how would one tell if the clutch plates are worn out?

Top Bottom