KX Insane CY

Jul 6, 2002
I have got a 92 kx 250 for cheap the problem is when I got it the clutch cable mount on the engine case was broken off leaving no where to mount the clutch cable. A friend of mine told me that pro circuit makes a ignition cover with a cable mount but I looked at it and it looks like that is for yamaha only. My question is is there any company out there that makes a clutch cable mount or will I need to fabricate my own. Any advice would be appreciated I really cant see buying a new case for it because of it. :think:

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
I had a simialr problem however i only had one side of the metal broke off so it still kinda stayed in there. I used a product called Quik Steel from Wal-Mart of all places and kinda fabricated the other side and it took me a few trys but i got it to work. you sound like you are trying to paddle upstream without any paddles, the only way I can see to fix your problem is by either fabricating something or buying a new case half.

Weezie

Jul 29, 2000
Your probably going to have to fabricate something. You can't just buy one case half, unless you find a good used one. Kawasaki only sells them as a set. Good luck.

KX Insane CY

Jul 6, 2002
Well thanks for the advice I made a bracket today and it works like new. I paid less for the bike than the new cases would cost. :cool:

Top Bottom