Adrenalin

Mar 21, 2001
A friend busted his front brake lever off of his KX250, Unfortunatly he broke it in a way that the lever fell off completely, allowing the plunger to mysteriously disappear before he made it home. He bought a master cylinder rebuild kit for it, But no-one seems to know how to assemble it. Anyone know where I can find an online parts microfiche to show a decent picture of how it goes together? Or can someone explain it to me? The kit has a metal plunger, a tapered spring, 2 different sized [internal] rubber seals, a pushrod assembly and a new lever. Seems to me that there are parts missing from the kit, but Im allergic to brake systems ;) Yes, I know, He should really invest in a manual, but first things first, Gotta go riding!

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
go to www.kawasaki.com than click on view parts diagrams in the vehicle information menu (top of the page). Follow the instructions... ( click on Search by Model Information= motorcycle, select the modle year=1994 than displacement(cc)=250, products type=motocross, marketing names=KX250...) than click on <click here to choose> and finaly on parts diagramms.

hope this helps

SS

ps2112

Jan 27, 2003
I had somewhat the same problem although I didn't lose the plunger. However when I put the new lever on, the brakes would not pump up. Upon taking out the plunger I noticed that the inner most seal had a hole in it. It doesn't look like a tear but looks factory. Does your friends have this hole?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom