95-98 Kx 125 Engines - what's swapable?

chris82785

Jun 8, 2003
I've got a 97 Kx 125 with a bad crank and case, and have the oportunity to purchase set of 98 kx cases, along with a complete 95 kx 125 motor for cheap. I've heard that the cases are the same for all three years, and that the 97 and 95 have the same cylinder/internal. Am I correct? What else is swapable? Anyone know?

Thanks, Chris

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
my suggestion is you spend many hours on kawaski.com going blind looking at part numbers and parts diagrams to get an idea. :cool:

chris82785

Jun 8, 2003
I've been to kawasaki's web site. Most of the parts have the same part # as far as the first half goes (xxxx-xx), but the second half is slightly different. I know that means there probably different, but what I was wondering is if the second half of the part # pointed out the year for the part #, and not the actual part itself.

The reason I'm asking is because if you look at things such as exhausts, they're made to fit 95-97 kx 125's. The cylinders on the site look identical as well, but the second half of their part #'s are different.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The 98 was the first year of a new type engine -the bottom end is same/similar but the top end is all new, it maybe if you have the entire engine it would work?cdi etc maybe different as it had the powerjet carb in 98.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom