mateo_32

Feb 14, 2007
95 Cr80

Hi, Just picked up a 95 CR80 that has some issues. The lady I bought it from said she thought it had a blown right side crank case gasket. I brought it home and changed out the fluids, started it up and it was smoking very bad. It also had oil dripping out of the exhaust (more than normal). Anyway I thought you had to split the cases to change the gasket but the lady I bought it from said I didn't. So do I? If I don't that would be great but either way it has to be done. Thanks!

Last edited:

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
To replace that right side crank seal, you do not need to split the cases. You simply pull the right side cover, remove the clutch etc to gain access to the seal, pull it out (a wood screw and pliers used carefully works), then drive in the new seal, being careful not to damage it (large socket, seal driver, or an appropriately sized piece of ABS plumbing pipe works). The reassemble and test ride.

Also, there was no 1995 CR 80 Expert. It was intro'd in 1996. It could have been converted, or the year is off.

mateo_32

Feb 14, 2007
Thanks for the reply. I went a bought a manual for it and figured it out. I didn't mean expert as in the model but as in a person of expertise. I got the seal in and it wasn't burning oil anymore but pouring out white smoke. I think I'm going to replace the head gasket too.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
its burning all the crank oil out of the cylinder- run it a while you shouldnt need a new head gasket
use klotz oil- it will healp remove carbon,and the crappy oil build up in the cyl- will be good to go-

Top Bottom