MotoKing_1990

Apr 10, 2007
I have wanted to get a Cr250 for some time now and a guy I know is selling a 2005 Cr250 with fmf and vforce, but needs rebuilt for $1000 should I jump on the deal, I havent saw it yet but he said before he blew it up it screamed.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
It all depends on the condition. Why does it need a rebuild? Does it run at all? He could have blown it up and it might need extensive repairs that could drive the cost up bigtime. You say that you havent seen it yet...might need all new plastic, seat, rims, tires, handlebars,etc. With the info you gave, its hard to tell. Could be a great deal or could be a money pit.

MotoKing_1990

Apr 10, 2007
My cousin was the one that told me about it he said the bike looked like it was in good condition and it was all there. The guy told him that he bought it for $1500 and it ran good until one day he was riding and it started bogging down then the rear tire locked up and the bike wouldnt kick over. I am going to go look at it first before I buy it to make sure its worth rebuilding or buying!

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
I don't know. Something sounds fishy about it. A 2005 CR250R for $1000.00 is an awesome deal in my area. I see 1995-1997 bikes going for that much. My advice would be to look very close at what you are buying. Make sure he has papers for it and the Vin has not been played with. Also be aware that if it seized up as he described, you could be in for some costly repairs. You might want to price out a new head, cylinder, piston, rings, etc. to see what you might end up paying after everything is said and done. See if he will let you have a mechanic/shop check it out to get an exact figure. That would be the ideal solution. Good luck with it. :cool:

energyrail

Uhhh...
Mar 21, 2007
well really a crank clynder and piston won't break the bank. then you'd have a two year old bike for 2000 sounds like a great deal. especially if is cosmetically good and the rear susp linkages are all good.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
energyrail said:
well really a crank clynder and piston won't break the bank. then you'd have a two year old bike for 2000 sounds like a great deal. especially if is cosmetically good and the rear susp linkages are all good.

That would be great, but the fact of the matter is that we/he doesn't have a clue as to what is actually wrong with it. Could be just a cylinder and piston or could be more. Only way to know is to actually see the bike and/or have it checked by someone that knows about them. He hasn't even seen it yet. ;)

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Sounds like a good deal, as long as its not stolen. Check the VIN, (on the stearing head) and make sure it matches the title. If there is no title get the VIN and check it before you lay down any cash.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
RocketRaccoon said:
That would be great, but the fact of the matter is that we/he doesn't have a clue as to what is actually wrong with it.

That was the point of energyrails post, he's talking worst case scenario to fix everything.

MotoKing_1990

Apr 10, 2007
Thanx Alot I will check the title and vin to make sure the numbers are the same, he said he would pull the head off for me to look at it closer. So I guess we will find out thursday that is his workday off. Thanx Alot :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom