Acerbis Zoom Plus vs. HRP XL Flash Jak

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okay, everyone knows (and has seen in my pics) that I'm a fairly large dude. I currently run an Acerbis Zoom Plus, but I've been eyeballing the new HRP Flash Jaks, and I see they come in XL. Just how big is the XL? Does anyone have any experience with it? I don't want to get one and end up with just a nipple protector!

Thanks!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
XR, I got an XL HRP this fall. I am 6'1", 190lbs. It's more than big enough....in fact, if I was to order again, I would consider a "regular". Take note that it is longer too. It totally covers from shoulder to waist on me.

Front plate is about 13.5" from the "v" in the neck (bottom of the V) to the bottom, and 16" from side to side (at widest part). Hope this helps.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Wanna bring it down so I can try it on? ;)

Thanks man! I'll see how those measurements stack up to my Zoom Plus.

You sound like you're about my brother's size, and he wears a Fox Roost 2.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Good! Nice to hear from guys like me! I may have to convince Mrs. Pred that now's the time for a new c.p. (that's the hard part! :eek: )

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
I'm 6-3,265lbs. My HRP HydroJak fits a little small on the shoulders, but mine are pretty wide, overall it seems to be the largest of any I've tried on. I wear pretty much XXL in all jerseys, jackets, etc.. The Hydro jak is definitely the way to go in Body armor.
I've also looked at those body armor tops that DH mountianbikers wear(Dainese,661,EVS). Anyone with any experience with those for motorcycles?

BTW. Jacket makers will tell you they are cut for wearing over these things. That is a bit of an exageration as my MSR Goretex jacket fots over it the HRP but jeez... you end up looking like Herman Munster!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom