sabooo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 2002
So my wife asks me if she can come along to DW... This sort of took me back a bit because she doesn't ride. Any thoughts on what she might do to entertain herself during the week when she just absolutely cant stand the sight of another dirt bike?

Thanks in advance :)
Sabooo

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
She can hang out with my wife and talk about that part of the world, she's from Charleroi. That could be item 64 on a long list of things she could do with other that either don't ride or might be taking a break. We're going to try and have more kid type activities so f she's interested in helping with that I'm certian it would be appriciated. She could help score events or with sign ups or with any of the other 10,000 things that need done. There is also some shops and other distractions in town. Who knows maybe she'll even get interested in riding through one of the other lady riders.

sabooo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 2002
hehe.. ok sounds like i've got no need to worry. :) I am picking up a quad for her tonite from a friend of mine to get her started riding. She has a phobia about bikes but said she would be more than willing to ride a quad so I'm putting her to the test. :yeehaw: Of course I may have to 'test' it on occassion just to make sure its still running well for her to ride :p

Cheers,
Sabooo

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Midnight Dingo watching or cooler patrol.;)

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Midnight Dingo watching or cooler patrol.;)

Hey elk, is there a prerequisite to joining the team that creates a need for "COOLER PATROL"?

The future Mrs. wrench was wondering about non rider/mom activities as well. We will have to wait a little longer to comitt her and the daughter to this years DW. Taking off from school for a week seems to be a problem with her ... she actually likes school ... probably explains the Honor roll stuff! :thumb:

wrench

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by wrench
Taking off from school for a week seems to be a problem with her ... she actually likes school ... probably explains the Honor roll stuff! :thumb:
wrench
Tigger is an honor student also and she likes school but she likes DW better. We made arrangements to bring her school work with her last year and she did it in the RV a little each day. We understood it was going to be an "unexcused absence" but made the choice anyway with overwhelming approval from the school and teachers. It seemes that the chance for our kids to experience "real world" life and activities place high on the more desired list of reasons for missing school. I told them up front why we were going and that Tigger would get the chance to inneract with people from all over the country and even different parts of the world and amazingly they agreed that it was a lesson that couldn't be learned in school. Think about it and then make your choice. Tiggers's school work didn't suffer at all as a result of her missing school, in fact she was way ahead when she came back because the teachers assigned a lot of extra work for her to take because they weren't sure what all she would miss. The hard part for her was having to sit the the lessons a 2nd time after she had already done them. She did get some extra credit for doing the same work twice from a couple of teachers.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Jeff Gilbert

It seemes that the chance for our kids to experience "real world" life and activities place high on the more desired list of reasons for missing school. I told them up front why we were going and that Tigger would get the chance to inneract with people from all over the country and even different parts of the world and amazingly they agreed that it was a lesson that couldn't be learned in school.

:thumb:

Top Bottom