OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
So my ex-girlfriend called a few nights ago. We dated pretty seriously for a year or so and broke up. Nothing too spectacular, we were just young and dumb (probably still are), but anyway, I accepted an offer to go "hang out" for the first time in about 10 months. We had a great time, drank a few beers, talked about BS for hours on end, kinda like the old times and stuff. You guys know the rest, da da da kiss.... ended up at my place with a bottle of red wine and a movie. Now left with the proposition of dating my ex girlfriend. Somebody talk me out of this...everyone else is supportive and stuff.... Am I insane?

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
My wife and I dated for about 6 years, took each other for granted, went our seperate ways for about a year. Now we just celebrated our fifth anniversary this summer! :thumb:
It all depends on why you broke up in the first place?
If it was broken trust, I myself would NOT be able to "try again".
Good Luck!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Can't help ya here. I met my wife and within 6 months we were married. That was 23 1/2 years ago :)

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Ok, so if anyone gives me hell, I'm just going to tell them that my friends at DRN support me.....that'll shut em up. :)

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Tuna has it nailed... what was the reason for the first break up? Just remember, your dirtbike will always be there for you. Anyway... shouldn't you be tailgating for the game today? Hate SC... Go Cougs!

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Well I'm only 14 but I'm going back out with my ex GF. . . :cool:

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Dahl....yeah, we're um...."preparing" for the game right now....the rommies and I. I don't want to get into it too much on a message board really, and there isn't much of a story to tell. It should suffice to say that people can grow apart from each other and fall out of love, or at least not be happy anymore. I really expected a bit more misogyny around these parts. C'mon people....step up! :)

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Yep,

Why did you break up?

Sure people can change but for the most part we are creatures of habit.

If she annoyed you then she will again and vice versa.

Don't "Date" just spend "quality" time together for a while and see how it goes. Usually everyone gets along till they try to lock it up with a title or a ring.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey, it's not like you're getting married man - if you like the gal, just enjoy what you have. If it is going somewhere, then work at the relationship. If you are good for each other, and this is something that is/may be important in/for your future, and you love her, then look after her/the relationship.

If it's just a fling, then what are you worried about ! ;)

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Can't think of a single ex-girlfriend that I would want to date again. Heck, some of them I would rather not even see again!

I don't think you are dumb for dating your ex. I would consider you to be dumb for mixing beer and red wine! ;) Man.........recipe for a killer headache!

BTW, what movie did you watch? On Any Sunday? :thumb:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I think it was a XXX movie called Malcolm does the dez, very dirty movie.

Oh yeah, your not crazy, there's a reason you had a good time; find it

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I'm cracking up here! Tombstone actually....I forgot how much I liked it. She's hearing impaired and likes to watch with closed captioning....I forgot how much I liked that too. My roomies don't usually let me. No headache, I usually don't get hung over or anything. I'm a Coug remember? Oh, and BTW, I love football, the game was amazing (and yes I did rush the field)

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
misogyny... damn son... you Cougs use some big college words.

OK then, some misogyny for you... my bet is that she just got ditched by some other guy and so she calls you up because she knows you still keep a picture of her in your wallet. When someone says the breakup was mutual or they 'just fell out of love'... that someone was most likely the "dumpee". The "dumper" is feeling down so she calls up the old flame to make herself feel better. It's a trap my friend.... Lassie senses danger. Run like hell. :)

How's that? Anywho.... all kidding aside... if it feels good just hang with it. However, at the first sign of the problems that ended it the last time, pull chocks and move on. Life is short... no sense wasting it hanging out with the wrong folks.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
yzeater just IM'd me to laugh about my situation today....had to laugh about that one....this place is one heck of a little community. Actually, Dahl, I'm the dumper technically, but it was pretty mutual. And misogyny? I just use big words so you guys don't think we just drink around here......we fight too! Although I like the implication I've been waning over my ex for the past year, I'm really too much of dense ******* for that one. (Besides, if you ever went to Pullman you'd realize how many....ahem...attractive* girls there are here)

*-->HAWT!

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Boy, everyone seems pretty interested in what happened after the movie. I dunno if that's genuinely you guys trying to understand or if we have a bunch of pervs over here. I'm afraid of the latter. :) We just sat down on the couch and talked for a long time....nothing too special, unless you count that we didn't crash out until like 5 AM.

Top Bottom