BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Anyone interetsed in an Amarillo Fest ?

We have a great riding area just outside of Amarillo, river riding, hill climbs, sand whoops, single track, gp style open race tracks, even some trials stuff.

Best part, camping is free, just rock up in your RV, camper, van, truck, tent etc, set up camp, and away you go.

This is a fun place, close to KC, NM, CO, and central/northern Texas.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Got a date in mind?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Any weekend suits me as I live here, just thought I'd thow it out there, and see if anyone was interested in a get together. Up until last week we had fantastic weather, now we have an inch or two of snow and ice on the ground, hopefully we should be back into riding gear within the next week or so.

Will keep you all posted.

BTW, we have riders from Colorado coming this way regularly as the weather is so good, little or no mud, and great riding.

Alan

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm game if the date doesn't conflict with a race. Let me know. I've got the camper, will travel for ride.;)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
OK justql, name a weekend after the 11th, when you are free, which means 16-17 of Feb, or 23-24 Feb, or any weekend in March !

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm probably going to Missouri for a ride the 22-24 of Feb. Depending on my work throws at me that weekend. What does the second weekend in March look like for you guys??

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
March 9-10 sounds good , any other takers !

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm in.:)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
OK, we have a date set then, March 9-10 it is, works out great for me, the kids spring break is the next week.

Yes, kids are welcome, there are great places for the kids to ride, it should be warm enough to enjoy both the daytime rides and night time camp fires.

Keep in mind you may have to rough it a little, there are no hookups or ablutions, which means bring your own gas, water, generators etc. Other than that, the camping is free, and there are a lot of places for tents, RV's etc.

Get the word out.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'll plan on pulling the Tailgator. I'll have room for maybe three more in the back. I'll have the generator and enough water for a few showers. First three responces get the place for their cots in the tailgator.....I even make sleeping a competetion.:p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm in for the room in the garage. Are you taking the GG or the KX or both?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
If there's room I'll take both so we'll have a spare. We should be able to haul four or five bikes in the trailer and truck.:)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Owner of the official Heartland Spode shower.
it pays to advertise.

This, I am really looking forward to, maybe I can get that KLX110 before then !

I may just rent me an RV for the weekend ! yeah baybee :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
BTW, I got the KTM fired up. I have five reverse gears though:scream: . Either I have the timing off or I put the parts inside out. That is a freaky feeling to let the clutch out and start going backwards.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Keys fine. I just have to get it timed and the beast will come alive.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Driving directions, from Amarillo, take the 287 North to Dumas

15 miles out of Amarillo you will go through a series of sweeping turns, some hills and valleys, and will arrive at the Canadian River Bridge.

Once you enter the recreation area, which is right next to the river, turn right (east), and follow the river road until you get to the Bonita camping area. I will put out some directions at the notice board. If all goes well, I plan on picking up the RV on Friday, and will head out there on Friday Afternoon, and set up camp.

Attachments

• amafest.jpg
    amafest.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 34

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Bundu, your link to THIS forum will not work for a few more days. Only Support Team members will be able to get into this forum for now. You will probably be able to edit your post in the Places to Ride later and the link will work.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
No problem

I hope to get a ride on that Mamba buddy :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
No problem

I hope to get a ride on that Mamba buddy :)
No problem.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Is there going to be a pampera there for us to see. I'm really interested in that bike.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yup, I will be there on my Pampera 280 .... wanna ride eh :confused:

Top Bottom