dronus

May 9, 2005
:aj: i'm big for my age, i'm 19 5'8'' or 5'10'' with boots and about 300+lbs. I love riding , I don't have a bike, but my uncles got some and when we had gone ridin out by palm springs it seems like there's no BIG riders out. It was like I was all alone. Are there any big riders out there. or have they gone extinct*. when i ride it's just me and the world.

:aj: After looking at a video he had shot of me riding, it was depressing , I was riding a yamaha 250 , and it looked like i should have been riding a quad.

:aj: Do any of you guys know of any place where there's a good riding place. i live in Southern Cali. this dude told me of a place in Paris where they have races every-day or something like that , if you have any info , internet links , that would be helpfull thanks a bunch. oh and this is my first Thread. I've been on other forums before...and if this is not the right forum board to post just tell me so I can move it thanks.

:aj: peace out dudes
dronus

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Getting your suspension properly sprung for your weight will make a huge difference in the handling.

I have video of me in the Georgia Dome 10 years ago riding a YZ that looked like it was a low-rider. Bigger guys never get to use the full travel of their suspension without proper springs.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dronus :aj: Do any of you guys know of any place where there's a good riding place. i live in Southern Cali. this dude told me of a place in Paris where they have races every-day or something like that said:
dronus.

Welcome to DRN. Where in So Cal are you located? We have many members in So Cal.

There are several tracks here. Perris, Elsinore, Glen Helen, Star West, all within about 1/2 hour of each other. Also, Cauhilla, Sunrise, LACR a little further away. Check out ProRide.com for links to the tracks. You can ride or race just about any day of the week if you want.

Also, check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum in the Generel Chapters section of DRN. We post about organized rides in that forum. You are welcome to join us. :cool:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
define Big :)
Welcome to DRN.

There are a number of us on the boards that tip the scales over the 300lb mark. I'm 6'3" and go 320lbs.
At the bare minimum, get the bike sprung for your weight. It will ride and handle like night and day just by doing that.

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
aye, gargantuans abound here at DRN.

Here I am on a new CRF450:
19389-fatmanonalittlebike.jpg

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
XRpredator said:
aye, gargantuans abound here at DRN.

Here I am on a new CRF450:
19389-fatmanonalittlebike.jpg

:yikes: :rotfl: :laugh:

CK

Mar 29, 2005
a little big

When I raced 125's, I was about 6'1" and 200 lbs. Now I'm older and fatter at about 245. The good news that on a bike sprung for 180 lbs and supercross, the bike is quite comfortable to just ride with your buddies. Racing mx is a different story and I'd have to respring my 250 for that. You don't see too many heavy guys riding because the sport makes 'em thinner! Once you get out and ride :ride: hard a couple times a week, you'll drop weight :laugh:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
I'm 5, 9' at about 220lbs, even if your bigger doesnt mean you cant ride, all i know is since i went to college and gained like 40lbs i'm not as crazy as before because the fall is a lot harder. Lately I've been lifting heavy weights to get strong so I can handle the falls :rotfl: something like that

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
RM_guy said:
Hmmm...you'll have to start riding first :p :nener:
Nooo Nooo Noooo. Tell me you did not just go there Nancy boy! You wearing your skirts a size or two too small again? Must be restricting the blood flow to your brain! Do you have any idea how much roost you just earned yourself at Paragon this year?

Of course, I'll have to roost you in the pits, since you seem to shy away from actual trails. :laugh: :moon:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site dronus!

As you can see, there are other ample folks around the site and many of them are very good riders.

PK is the COTT (Clash of the Titans) champ of DirtWeek for 2 (or is it 3) years running. Titans are determined by a very complicated formula that boils down to being over square.

As Ol'89r said, check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for some opportunities to hook up with folks.

Also, be sure to update your User CP.

Again, welcome!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Sadly Tony, I took a soil sample during the race this year, and I failed to retain my crown :( .
Grady is the reigning COTT Champ

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
High Lord Gomer said:
If Will's belly button ring hadn't kept getting caught on his crossbar, he would've been a contender!

TMI :yikes:

PK said:
Sadly Tony, I took a soil sample during the race this year, and I failed to retain my crown .
Grady is the reigning COTT Champ

You still have more wins than anyone, correct? That makes you :boss:

CK

Mar 29, 2005
Papakeith said:
really? When can I start to expect the pounds to start melting away? :)

Generally it will start the moment you a) stop eating, b) start riding, or c) a combination of both a and b which provides a much faster path to "slimnation" (the process of slimming down). Actual results will vary with the individuals BAF (bulkability factor) as well as the BMIR (big mac injestion rate)... :blah: :blah: :blah:

Xrfunguy

Feb 16, 2005
You now what I am 250lbs and getting your suspension done is the biggest thing even adjusting your rear spring will be a huge difference. I live in chatsworth and ride all the time anytime you want to go we have 3 of us that tip the scales bigger. so let me know anytime!!.

Top Bottom