Any Differences between the 02-04 450 EXC?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Are there any real differences in the motor, chassis, ergos of these years bikes? I would like a new 450 EXC I think, but given my price range it makes it hard to tell whether or not I'd be able to stumble into a good deal on one or not. Would it be worth it to save a little more for a newer model?

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
The 02 will be a 400, with the older forks. If you can afford to find a 03, do it. The forks are worth it, as is the engine upgrade to 450cc in 03.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
CR Swade you are all over these boards answering my questions. I really do appreciate it. If I make it to DW, you can have a frosty (carbonated) beverage on me.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
No problem...hope the advice helped. Yeah I'll be @ DW, look for us in the Ford Crew Cab Diesel that says Heartland Pool and Spa-oh yeah, Jason (Blue Thunder)will be riding YZ426 and have what used to be jersey in say 95 (now it is just not-so-brightly-colored shreds in the general shape of a sorta jersey)

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Wow, I go cruise through the pumpkin patch and find my favorite jersey being down played..tisk, tisk

Said jersey will be worn again this year, and yes, that's two of em' in such fine shape that I own..hehe :p

Top Bottom