Any lifted trucks out there? pictures

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
So any of you guys/gals have lifts in your trucks/suv's? .Lets see the pictures. I'm lifting my Toyota this summer. I'm putting a
4 inch suspension in and a 2 inch body lift along with the 31 inch Super Diggers i got. :aj:

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
I had 31s on my old toyota. With no lift. You may want to look at bigger tires or less lift or it may look kinda funny. Nice idea on the combo body/suspension lift, it probably will be a better and cheaper lift than all suspension.

Are you going to load bikes in the back?

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I already tried my tires on my friends Toyota that has that much lift and it looks fine :). And yes i hual bikes. The old yota suck- wholes with the big load . I might have to add a leaf on the back so it dont show a load as bad.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I got '33 BFGs on my Chevy HD

slacker00

Sep 27, 2001
6.5" Lift with 36" Swamper Radials

truckrightside01.jpg

dezertrat

Jan 23, 2002
yzeater- a prerunner is the truck that they use to "pre-run" or drive the course before an off road race such as the baja 1000 etc. People liked the way the race team's prerunners performed, so they started to build thier own. Basically, it is a truck that is made to go fast over desert-type terrain. Check out www.prerunners.com under the photo gallery if you want to see more of this kind of truck.

Kawi250Kid

May 23, 2001
What tire size would you guys recommend i run, with a 3.5" suspension lift, and a 3" body lift? I use my truck mainly around town, but every chance i get i goto Gorman (with or without the bikes) to blast down the some of the trails in my truck. I dont go in mud very often because i dont have 4WD, but i love sand, and i dont go rock crawling. My truck is a 1993 GMC Sonoma. 2.8l V6, 5-spd manual trans, stock clutch. You can see a pic of it HERE. Thanks for any info!

Oh yeah... A friend wants to lift his 1991 Sonoma 3.5", and then goto 6.5" when money permits. Would he be better off getting a 3" spindle lift, or a 3.5" A-Arm lift first? Which is cheaper, and easier to install yourself? Who has the cheapest A-Arm lift? His truck has never seen the dirt, he just wants it for looks... I've already mentioned a body lift instead, but he insists on suspension 'In case he goes offroad' :think:

Thanks again!

Vos Schola

Apr 16, 2000
How do you get your bike into and out of the back of those? Thats one heck of a first step. I have enough trouble with my 2wd 1500 especially after a long hard ride.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
If you look at the standard 2wd tacoma or tundra (wichever one is the smaller one), the suspension is weak, and the tires are small. The 4x4 verson has macho suspension, and big tires. The prerunner is a 2wd truck styled like the 4x4, with big tires, and better suspension,

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by Kawi250Kid
What tire size would you guys recommend i run, with a 3.5" suspension lift, and a 3" body lift? I use my truck mainly around town, but every chance i get i goto Gorman (with or without the bikes) to blast down the some of the trails in my truck. I dont go in mud very often because i dont have 4WD, but i love sand, and i dont go rock crawling. My truck is a 1993 GMC Sonoma. 2.8l V6, 5-spd manual trans, stock clutch. You can see a pic of it HERE. Thanks for any info!

For your truck and your purposes, I wouldn't go anymore than a 33 inch tire. I am not sure how much clearance you will have, but I think you can fit a 33" tire alright. The small V-6 will have some problems pulling a bigger tire and your fuel economy will drop. After that you will have to look at gear changes to bring the performance back to where it originally was and maybe so even with the 33 inch tire. You might consider a good limited slip in the rear differential too if you want a little added off highway performance. There are some reasonably priced ones out there. They. Just be sure you have some good recovery equipment! will get you farther down the trail before you get stuck just like 4wd ;)

mkimbro1

Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by Vos Schola
Unless you have an enclosed trailer doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the truck?

Not really. I have an enclosed trailer and a 5x10 utility trailer. I haul bikes on both. I also haul alot of other stuff on each. Like fire wood, furniture, landscape materials and other things. A trailer is a very usefull item even if your truck is the stock height.

Mike

Top Bottom