YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I have the day off and I want to ride.

I am thinking 7 mile staging area at 9:00am. Head north via the MCCCT single track to Boone, about 40 miles.Gas up there and grab some lunch. Then head back via single track, 2-track or Woodsy tracks (god help us :ohmy: ) :cool: Should be about a 80 mile day.

Whos up for it?

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I'll be the first 'who' Don. Just make sure there is enough oil in the right compartments this time.

Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
INCA said:
Just make sure there is enough oil in the right compartments this time.

Young Ted

Thats a given :cool: You wont catch me making that mistake 2x :bang:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I can make this.

Thanks for the sleep options. Mark and I are going to rough it in the lot. I "ll probobly have coffee for those who get there early. Should I pick up donuts?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey Sndmn. I know the schedule isn't out yet but the 1st trail mainantence at lincoln Hills is on 4/22. Keith and I were talking it over (over a few frosty beverages that is) and it is looking like that is the 1st one.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Then head back via Woodsy tracks (god help us :ohmy: ) :cool: Should be about a 80 mile day.

Whos up for it?

If only you could be so FORTUNATE to be found following Woodsy tracks there YZMAN!! :fft:

Sounds like a hoooot to me!! I will do my best to make it up there!!! Got a bunch of business going on so we shall see.... But tentively - count me as a "who" too!!
Oh yeaaaa,,, tack another 20 miles on that just for compass errors and I will bring extra squirrel for the fire(s).
Woodsy :ride:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Your more than welcome to join in on the fun.

Like I was sayin I think the 1st one is scheduled for Saturday the 22nd at Lincoln Hills.

I am a member of the West Michigan Trail Riders. Its a local chapter of the CCC. We do trail mainantce on 2 trails for them, Lincoln hills and Caberfae.

Basicaly we ride into the woods with folding handsaws, Machette's, chainsaws, and if its really thick a weed wacker with sawblade attachment. We cut out the downed trees. Get all the face slappers outta there, Cut back the brush, and replace any missing sinage. Thats pretty much it. We usualy have a few quads that tag along with us on the wide track. They haul the heavier equipment and cooler.

So if your interested your more than welcome to join in. The more the merrier. We are usualy a little short in the help department anyways. Ill know more latter on the exact date and time but I think the 22 @10:00am is a prety save bet.

There is also another one a week or so latter at Caberfae. Then both trails again in the fall.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey. I think I got actual approval from the big boss (wife) to go riding this friday. Just gotta work out the sitter still. Which hopefully wont be a problem.

Umm I am thinking that knowing how long of a day this ride usualy turns into, especialy if woodsy comes along, I am thinking of crashing at my inlaws cabin for the night after the ride. It is located in Branch about 10 miles west of 37 on Landon road. Nothing fancy just a trailer park style trailer in the woods. No power or anything. Just an outhouse and pitcher pump. So Ted, Woodsy or any others you are all welcome to stay there if you want. It hasn't been open all winter, so it will probably be a bit dusty and musty. But its a roof over the head and warm coffie in the morning.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yes / no.

Legaly yes you need one. Buuuut Ive done it many times without. There is really just like 1 mile of forrest road, and about 100 yards of paved road to get to the gas station. Boonians seem to be pretty forgiving of us bikers around there. I am thinking that they are just happy to have someone around there to spend some $ and leave us alone on the minor infraction that we may be causing.

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
YZMAN400 said:
I have the day off and I want to ride.

I am thinking 7 mile staging area at 9:00am.

Whos up for it?

I may be able to make it, but was wondering does "staging area at 9:00am" mean you are meeting at 9:00 am, or leaving the staging area at 9:00am? Thanks.

LogicTech

Feb 10, 2004
Woodsy
This is Marlin70 older slower brother. I would like to ride with you guy's this Friday. I plan on bringing a friend that is about the same age. He said he rode those trails years ago, but he can't remember. This should qualify him for the ride.

The meeting lot is at 7mi and M37 right?
LogicTech

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
LogicTech said:
LogicTech

yep thats the place. The more the merrier.

This is shaping up for a great ride. Just hope the weather holds.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
LogicTech said:
Woodsy
This is 70 Marlin older slower brother. I would like to ride with you guy's this Friday. I plan on bringing a friend that is about the same age. He said he rode those trails years ago, but he can't remember. This should qualify him for the ride.

LogicTech

Older yes, slower mabye just getting back in the truck :laugh:

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
At least he doesn't have the "stubs for legs" that I have.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
team-green32 said:
Is a plate needed?
Not until the red light goes on.

I'm all set to be there, alone or otherwise, and will play the rest by ear.

Young Ted

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
Don, Ted , Woodsy,
I am going to try to make this ride. Baldwin is a solid 3 hr drive for me, so I am going to have to leave very early to be there @ 9:00. Don, I sent you an e-mail with my cell#, send me a response and I will calll you @ 8:00 am to confirm my ETA.

Aaron,
If you're out there, are you up for a little adventure riding?

Trevor

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
All are welcome. The more the merrier.

Finially got back to the computer. Been super busy tonight between swaping out a frame on my street bike and getting the dirt gear ready for tomorrow.

I am good to go. See ya alls there around 9:00am.

If ya need to get ahold of me my cell is (616) 402-8809

See yas in the am
Don.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Welllll,, looks like I am out on this one.. I just got in from a lonnnng day on the road for business.. Good day but wayy to much traveling so I ended up setting stuff aside that really needs to be done.. You guys have a HOOT up there - tell those fine people up there that I said howdy!!
Oh yea,, if you have to use an emergency kit - I have found those little bows "pull" to the right a little so aim to the left!!
Woodsy :ride:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
WOW I totaly didn't expect to see that many people show up yesterday......

IT WAS AWSOME!!!!! :cool:

As I pulled into the 7 mile staging area @8:45am Hopsing (Inca) is already there in his Green Van along with Trevor (woodsracer369).

As I pull in my friend from Muskegon Mike (MJBIKE) pulls in behind me.

Seconds latter here comes one of Woodsy's monday riders Bob.

They just kept on trickling in. Here comes Cmore and Sndmn and son. Cornerspeed and friend (from TT show up). 70marlins brother and friend were there.

All told we had 14 riders. As I look around the parking lot every person except 1 was from our group. Wow all this from a simple post.

We finially get everyone running and head out onto the trail. The rain from the night before has left the trail wet and slippery. I took it easy for quite a while. I needed to come to terms with the slipery terrain before I could turn it up (that and work thru the arm pump) Lots of trees down sure made for some interesting riding. Log crossings a plenty.

Attachments

• lincon woods.jpg
    lincon woods.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 156
Top Bottom