Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
My computer is driving me nuts.

I constantly dowload photos of maps and product graphics from the web to use for architectural drawings and up until recently I could download them exactly as listed in the address bar. I.E. tif or jpg

Now all of a sudden all they will download as a "untitled" bmp file.

It happened once before and Adaware fixed it, but no more.

I assume it is in the Windows registry somewhere, but haven't got a clue as to where.

Any ideas about how to fix it?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Try increasing the input voltage to your hard drive.
Seriously, I've noticed the same on the wifeys laptop, it runs windows XP, have not noticed it on the old puter w/ windows 98??
I know this doesn't help you any, but I felt like typing :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
MXSparx said:
Try increasing the input voltage to your hard drive.
Seriously, I've noticed the same on the wifeys laptop, it runs windows XP, have not noticed it on the old puter w/ windows 98??
I know this doesn't help you any, but I felt like typing :laugh:

Hey Sparky you wierdo ... :bang:

That isn't much help. I can't remember, do you work with distribution voltage?

110, 220, 13.8, AC, DC, AC/DC ... oops that is a WEST coast subject :rotfl: , if AC, single or 3 phase? Will I need bigger wire from the pole? If you are gonna help, you gotta offer more than THAT.

taraker said:

Will do!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
No distribution work for me. Just 120v single phase to 480v 3 phase. Roadway lighting ( lights, signs, message boards and lane control on interstates and sports lighting, stadiums). Small time stuff.

end of thread highjacking for now-----

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
sounds like you changed a "save as" setting somewhere. typically this will happen during a new software pkg install or even more often is during a download/install of a plugin from the web. what have you updated recently??? then look to reset from that application/plugin. the setting is likely in the registry - but messing with the registry is risking death...

JasonWho

Apr 10, 2002
This has worked for me in the past:

SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK on one of the affected files, then choose Open With, then Choose Program. When the little dialog box comes up asking what to open it with, choose what you want to open it with, then look at the bottom for a "always use this program to open these files" or something like that. Put a check in the box.

Top Bottom