B

biglou

Brian-Got a PM from Sawblade and he was wanting to ride at Merwin on Sunday (Track and trails). I know it will make for a long weekend, but what do you say? PM or Email me if you and Darren know when you are arriving and when you are leaving. I have one spare bike (the kTm) if your buddy knows how to ride.

Also-I told you a while back that the local areas were closed because of races. That's not true. It's NEXT weekend (13th and 14th).

So lemme know if you guys wanna ride. We can get SB up here and have a grand ol' time!

PS: If you wanna run me over, ya gotta catch me first! :D

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Lou,
I forgot you guys were headed to the St. Louis SX. I'm game for Sunday if you guys are going to ride. I know were Merwin is, so finding it is no problem. But, just to confirm, I head west at Adrain MO. The track is just outside of Merwin. Four way stop, up a large hill, track on the right. Correct? Little Sawtooth will be in tow also.

MX547 are you interested in Sunday? Should be about a 3 hour drive for me. Would make it about 4 total for you.

B

biglou

Calling for rain Sunday now.

Looks like a pretty fair chance of rain on Sunday now, according to the weather guessers-for whatever that's worth. I think I PM's you my number, didn't I Tim? If not, PM or Email me and I'll get it to you. I also have that 800 number here at work so you can call for free during the day if you want.

TO get to Merwin, 71 North to Adrian, then West on "A" (I think it's Hwy A, anyway) then you will go through the intersection, not a 4-way stop, only North-South has the stop sign, accross the tracks, up the hill and the track is right there on the right. If you are going no matter what, let me know and I will at least come down and visit some. A little rain never hurt that track! But if it is a downpour, it might get sloppy.

Blue Thunder and Brad, the race promoter, will be there marking the scramble course for the team race on the 14th, so there will be lots of folks around to chat with if nothing else.

Let me know what you decide to do. Later.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
You will go west on 18 hiway. Basically, once you turn left off the highway into Adrian, go straight until it turns into highway again. Then go 14 miles. You will go through a 4 way and over some railroad tracks. You know the rest from there.

B

biglou

Sawblade-It's a go as it stands now. The rain keeps getting pushed back, so by Sunday it may not rain until evening or later. Swift and the Mamba should be here any minute. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow at the SX and then we lose an hour for DST, but we are planning on being there on Sunday. I think 10-noon is a reasonable ETA for us from here. If you get a chance, post or call me and let me know for sure if you are going. That way if it does happen to rain real hard, we'll still come down and at least visit for a while. :)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Lou - Unless it's raining Sunday morning we will show up at Merwin no later then noon. Also, if you or swift could grab a poster of RC at the SX for my son, I would owe you one. Have fun at the SX.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Lou - Stinkin rain! Looks like its raining from here to kingdom come. Needless to say, I'm not coming up. :( What a bummer. I was looking forward to some riding, and DRN real time chat! :D

How about next weekend?
Tim

B

biglou

Sure thing for next weekend. Looks like it's gonna be a warm, dry week. BTW-We did make it out yesterday. Got about 3 great hours of riding in. I was hoping you would make it. The rain was moving in from the south so we just got a couple of sprinkles until about 3 when it started a slow, steady rain. Anyhow, post or PM or Email and we will coordinate for this coming weekend. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom