RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Instead of a poker run on the 4th it looks like we're just going to have a DRN-only ride at Weimedog's place. He has been feverishly adding more trails and some nice grass track. Who knows, maybe we can do some natural terrain Mxing too.

I’d like to see us get together for some riding and a big barbecue afterwards (or during). It could be like when we go to Paragon but with some time set aside to BS and stuff.

What’s everyone think?

I closed the Poker run thread so we can continue discussion here.

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
That date is iffy for me. The 3rd is the date of our neighborhood BBQ and, if I don't overindulge in adult beverages, I might attempt to beat myself to death at the Lip Flapper Enduro on the 4th.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
ya know, Cortland is only about an hour and a half from me, what kind of DRNer would I be if I didn't try to get there. I will try to clear it with the better half. Who knows, I've been a very good boy. That would be 3 weekends in a row. 27th WCMC Harescrambles in Palermo, DRN, and Canadian DRN, boy I'm pushing it. :cool:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Sorry, but I will be enlightening the folks in Sturgis South Dakota with my Dynamic personality the first 3 weeks of August. Sorry Walt. I would not have missed this one if it were not for this prior engagement. How about September?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
September is fine. We have 8 miles in a continuous loop now and another couple of miles to work into that loop. Any weekend is OK for me. Saturdays better than sundays. For that matter a few folks are going to be here from PA this coming saturday.

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
Any weekend will work for me. The only thing that might get in the way is the National at Broome-Tioga, but I'm not 100% sure I'm going anyway. I'd be happy just to get out and ride with real live people! Seems everyone is too busy to ride much this summer, so most of my time has been spent alone in the woods. :(

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
what qualifications do u need to attend,is it still the 4th of aug or any weekend?if u meet them ....directions?dennis meyers where in syracuse r u i'm on the edge of fulton , i'm the lone rider often as well?

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Is Aug 4th still the date? Just want to make sure. Is everyone bringing something for a cookout and if so what is needed? OH! by the way how do we get there? I can get to Cortland but where from there? Also do you have a bunny trail as I'm still a rookie and don't want to break anything (body parts) before Turkey Point. Don't forget Hare Scramble this coming weekend at Palermo, NY Sunday July 28th :aj: :)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
We have an 8 mile continuous loop with the ability to break out four sub loops if you want to have easy going. We have plenty of open grass track as well. Most of whats here is just nice horse quality trail, a few miles of maintained single track, a few interesting obsicles, and a few tight hillside switch backs mixed in. Only one mile of the 8 has technical stuff and we can by pass that. In addition to that 8 mile loop we have a trail broke in by a few DRN'ers last year along with some deep woods that can be used for the more technical types. About 2-3 miles of deep woods, ruts and mud to crash around in addition to the 8 miles loop for those who want to work while they ride.

It doesn't make much difference to me what weekend. Just let me know and I will have the trails groomed and a place for a fire pit cleaned out.

Last edited:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
weimedog , You might want to rethink posting these directions on the WWW. You can E-mail or PM them . I know this is DRN but you never know who is lurking about .

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Done, email me for directions

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave and I would like to ride on the 4th.

Walt? How's that sound for you?

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'll be smashing my family jewels with a ballpeen hammer... err... I mean riding the Lipflapper Enduro. :eek:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by WoodsRider
I'll be smashing my family jewels with a ballpeen hammer...

Awwwwwww, howcome some guys always seem to get to do all the fun stuff????

Seriously though, I hope you all have a GREAT time and a safe one too.

Sincerely,

Joe Chief

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I'll be here..Trails are perfect for this weekend if its doesn't rain too much. The moisture came at the right time this week. A little slick in the mornings, and just right in the after noons. Bring your bike, yourself, a sense of humor, and what ever you need to cook on an open fire (we have a fire pit) if you want. If its hot, bring sun screen and deep woods OFF for the deer flys. Also the deer and turkeys are thick around here...to the point where you have to be careful in the evenings not to hit them. So bring a camera. If you want to break your own trail bring whatever you use. We have another 50-70 acres where there are no trails yet.

A couple of woodsracer folks will be here as well to help out.

Since the trails are close to the house, a water hose is close by, so are more tools than you will ever need, a couple of spare tire tubes, Mobile One 15w50, ATF, etc. Also we are only 3 miles south of Cortland and the big Walmat/K-Mart/Price chopper maul. And the local dealers are within 4 miles so don't go crazy with bringing your own shop if you are tight on space.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Walt,
What time is everyone getting there? I can get there before noon but I have to leave no later than 5:00 :(

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Makes no difference really. We are here all day. ...I will post friday and saturday morning the weather. If it stays dry it will be great but if we get a lot of water....bring a snorkle.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
What say around 11am Sunday, August 4th? That work for people?

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Gee, I won't have to get up at 3:30am. I can sleep in until 7 and hit the road by 9 and be there by 11. :) :cool:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I will be around all weekend if someone wants to ride Saturday and Sunday...the weather is supposed to be perfect Saturday with a chance of rain and thunder storms Sunday after noon. So what ever works I will be around. Rain or shine....Saturday or Sunday....probable be out cleaning the trails Saturday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom