3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
What is the best way to mount bark busters,were do you get them and how much. What brand do you prefer and why?I have used Fredettes in the past,and dont like how they mount to the bar by the triple clamp they also dont seem to have enough room to adjust the levers.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well I have been using 2 different brands lattely and really like both of them

I have the Cycra Pro bends on my CRF with the tripple clamp mounts. That is a really solid system and seems to leave a little more room for the cables.

On my YZ and the kids bike I have Mini Moose aluminum guards. If your bars are cut down to say 29" then seriously look at the Mini Moose guards. They are meant for the smaller kids bikes but fit perfect on my YZ400 w/29" bars and my kids new CRF100. I really like them. There was no adjusting at all with them. They bolted on perfect.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Curtis - all the added weight of BB's will destroy the power to weight ratio of your new YZ and hence destroy your chances of placing well in the Camp Chaos Fall Challenge 2006 - you wouldnt want that to happen now would ya? (but YOU not having them sure improves my chances!)

I have had EE's on my bikes - no issues - but i think others have better mounting systems. When I cut my bars down, I simply drilled a new hole about 3/4" inward on the alum. bar so they would bolt up well. Seemed to work just dandy.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Thanks guys, How about mounts for pro tapers?

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
I've been using the acerbis plastic gaurds for a while, they hold up fairly well. and when you hit a tree instead of slamming off of the tree like you would with the metal gaurds, they seem to absorb some of the impact without completely folding in.. But if you want to hit good size trees to move them instead of dodging them, then metal is the way to go.. i use metal now and for just trail riding i used plastic gaurds..

Top Bottom