J

jonnymartellino

??

Is there a lot of single track (legal ) to ride in Big Bend? I move here to Dallas last year from Aspen CO. I rode high country single tracks Utah,CO. BB look great if you can ride it.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
jonnymartellino said:
Is there a lot of single track (legal ) to ride in Big Bend? I move here to Dallas last year from Aspen CO. I rode high country single tracks Utah,CO. BB look great if you can ride it.

Jonny: There is very little singletrack in the Big Bend area. There are tons of gravel roads etc. Big Bend is classic desert riding and you will need a plated bike to ride on the roads in the National Park and the majority of the surrounding area.

Miles are the name of the game there. An average day is 200+ miles of riding that is 95% dirt. Speeds vary from idle to 80+ in some open areas.

Sign up with DRN and join the fun here in the Smack Pack. There are rides nearly every weekend. The Kiamichi area is singletrack and Muenster is also singletrack.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Think largish dualsport for Big Bend as in 600-650cc. Need to be able to do 125-130miles on a tank of fuel and cruise 65-70 on the highway. Big Bend is classic high desert stuff as in New Mexico/Az. Like Tony said, most of the riding is on public roads so plated is the way to go. These "public roads" can be very entertaining as they are mild to wild as far as the terrain goes. The scenery is always great in the middle of nowhere.

Top Bottom