R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
Hello guys,
im riding for around a year already been before that with quads for servel years and i think its time to change bike.
I got now YZ250F 2004 which isn't really suit my needs. i dont do motocross. its not avialble in my area much.
my style is more of Enduro.
I have a problem with my left hand which makes my ride a bit agressive and hard to work with the clutch (im gonna get auto clutch)
weight: 67Kg
height: 1.72
ride a little bit aggressive
gonna ride single roads in the woods
1 year of expirince.
i can get or yamaha or KTM or Husberg
and im 25 years old
i thought i might get KTM125 it is money wise but i afriad it will be too weak and also not good for roads if i might want to do that aswell. i also dont know how it will work with auto clutch.
next options are WR/KTM 250EXC-F or KTM400EXC or Husberg 390
im a little bit scared that the 400 will be too heavy and mybe less controlable. anyway im waiting to hear what you guys think.
Thank you!
Saar

Last edited:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I dont know much about the auto clutch. I do know that you dont want a 125 motocross bike to ride on the trail...the lack of low end power is not trail friendly. What is your budget?

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
A 125 4 stroke? No...not near enough power for someone that has been riding a year. I might suggest a KTM 250 EXC or WR250, but it depends on your skills. If you have been riding a YZ, you may be bored with the 250 and want the 400 EXC. As you may be aware, the YZ will have more power than the WR. I have ridden a 530 EXC and loved the bike...I have turned to corner on KTM and may be looking for a 450 EXC this spring.

R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
well im talking about 125 2t but not for motocross...
anyway im trying to get a bike that would enable me to get the best out of myself. i need light weight bike thats why im afriad about the 400...thats the main factor here. also about it makeing me tired becuase it might be too powerfull...
that is what im considering.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
It really depends on your riding ability. If you have been riding a YZ250F for a year, I would guess that you can probably handle a 400EXC...or maybe a WR450. They will be heavier than the YZ. The YZ is not a bad trail bike, it just isnt really suited for the trial with the close range transmission and light cooling system. The best way to find out is to ride one, but I understand that isnt always convenient unless you know someone that owns that particular bike.

R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
well, friend is considering saleing his 400EXC 2006. i just wonder if it is worth to get it or get the new models ?
there is around 10K diffrence on the price :) yeah thats the country i ilve in :)
new one cost here 20K. 2006 cost 10K.
lol that just funny, i could fill up my garage with 250F 125 and 400 with that amount of money in the U.S.
not worries.
anyway its or the 06 400 or 2009 250F. i just hope the 250 wont be too weak or slow for open roads/trials.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
The KTM will run longer with less maintenance...on average.

$20K...Is that Euro or Pounds? For $20K USD, I could have a barn full of bikes for just about everyone I know.

R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
its USD :)
and thats how bikes cost in israel....
TAXES and dealers who knows we have no chocie becuase we addictet to that.
just not reasonable.
the only way to have a dirt bike in a decesnt price is to smuggle...but then you have no insurence and they can take it if they catch you.
i will try to get my hand on 400 which is quite rare in israel. if not i might comprmise on 250F if it will be too weak i can get a kit for it i guess.

Top Bottom